Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I was recently diagnosed with IBS and stumbled upon an endometriosis site, only to scare myself. The doctor said I have IBS-D/C. I noticed that my diarrhea gets bad right before my period. Does anyone else get this and is it normal? My stomach cramps seem to get pretty severe before and during my period, is that normal with IBS (or without)? Also, I have odd cramps in the upper part of my thighs before my period, no one I know seems to have this. Anyone else have these?! I have a lot of yeast infections and understand this may also be related to either IBS or endometriosis. I had a pelvic ultrasound and it was normal, but I'm not sure if this can diagnose endometriosis?? I am considering seeing my gyno but want to learn more before I consider having the larposcopy (sp?). Is the test like an endoscopy or colonoscopy? I've did tons of research but am still not sure about the matter.
Can anyone give me some advice or answer my questions? I'm pretty scared about the infertility issue and would appreciate any replies. Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Endo cannot be detected from an ultrasound, which cannot detect adhesions. Sometimes they can get a pretty good sense from a physical exam and personal history--other times not. I had my lap many moons ago, so I'm not sure how up to date this is, but I was under general anasthesia. A tiny incision was made in my belly button where they inserted a laser scope. They were able to detect adhesions and lasered out what they found. The recovery period was fairly quick. The removal of the adhesions did not help my pain. Anyone who is considering a laporoscopy should know that adhesions do tend to come back, and the lap surgery itself can make the adhesions worse, so take this step carefully. There are some very helpful sites out there. When I get to feeling better, I'll try to point some out to you. I think I just did a google search on adhesions and came up with some excellent sites. I would start with seeing a gyno.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Helloyup time to see your gyn. And yes thats the correct way that endo has to be diagnosed thru a Lap. I had mine done thru lazor and it came back and then when Had my hyst done it came back. When I went in for the final ovary it was back again. endo can attach to other parts of your organs such as mine did. Mine has attached to my bowel and my bladder. In order to get a proper look and diagnoses you need to see your gyn. You can also visit the www.hystersisters.com site there;there is women who have gone threw it and also lots of links.Good LuckDenise

·
Registered
16 Posts
i always have the pain in my legs when my cramps start up. it's almost a warning to me that it's going to be bad and i need to start getting my hot water bottle ready. i've scared myself with endo sites before. i've decided since that if no doctor will diagnose me with it, i'll just take the medicine for the symptoms. there's no cure for it anyway, so as long as i'm fine until i want to get pregnant, i'm fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anything - Your last sentence sounded so familiar to me. For years I said the same thing. None of my drs wanted to check me out for endo even though I had all of the symptoms. Unfortunately it wasn't until I was ready to get pregnant and couldn't several years ago that they finally did a lap and diagnosed severe endo. I have had 4 laps since then and still no baby. I wish I had pushed the issue years ago. I have had symptoms of endo for about 18 years and maybe if I had been diagnosed earlier, I wouldn't have the troubles I have now. Last year I had an ectopic pregnancy, probably from the endo, and I ended up losing that tube. I'm not saying run out and get a lap right now, just don't wait until it's possibly too late. If you do have it and are not ready to get pregnant, perhaps you can go on Lupron to try to suppress it and it may make it easier when you are ready to get pregnant. I don't want to see anyone go through the heartache and pain that I have been through, especially if it can be avoided.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.