Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It showed I had a slight hernia which never has bothered me but it also showed inflammation of the stomach lining. My celiac tests came back negative, so could this be just from having ibs or could it be something else? Anyone else have inflammation that showed up on the endo and if so did you do anything for it?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Inflammation of the stomach lining is gastritis, not IBS. IBS shouldn't cause gastritis.A lot of things can cause it. Often it is from a few too many OTC pain relievers or other irritating medications. I would have a blood test for H. pylori if you haven't.I get gastritis every time I end up taking NSAID's for a few days for a sprain or strain.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the test for H.pylori just a blood test? Does it cause symptoms like loose bowels? I take lomotil for the last 6months not sure if that will cause inflamtion or not but I could check into getting tested.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
H pylori really isn't implicated in diarrhea problems. It can only live in the stomach. So for things like gastritis or stomach ulcers is when you would test rather than diarrhea. Although if any physical stress ups your diarrhea than gastritis could do it so it could be indirect.The test I had was a blood test.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In June I had a partial hysterectomy and I was on Morphine for a day in a half and then on Motrin for about a week so my gastritis might be from that but I really havent take it since then. I will ask my doc about the h.pylori test. The last few days I have had a slight burning sensation that is between my belly button and right under my ribs, it runs right in the middle. I don't have alot of pain just annoying burning but I have never had this before. Could it be from the gastritis? Thanks for all the info and advice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.