Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, its been a few weeks since I posted. I had an endoscopy done tues. they said i have severe gastritis, and there was a segment in my duendol (sp) looked like a scab.I had blood in my stool a few weeks ago so thats why i had the scope.my question is...is it common to have 15 biopsies taken? is it common to still have the same severe pain the urq??I knew it wasn't just ibs causing all of this.Hope ya'll reply soonSummerwind

·
Registered
439 Posts
Wonder if that segment was an ulcer? I had it so bad that it scarred shut and my RUQ pain was unbearable for 2 yrs prior to the obstruction. (surgery Jan 2004) It's good they are taking biopsies. Mine were negative for cancer but were positive for old active ulcer disease at the site. Let us know what comes of this for treament, pathology and diagnosis. My obstruction was in the duodenum between the common bile duct and the hepatopancreatic duct. (odd and dangerous place)I'll bet you've been feeling pretty punky lately!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its me again. I am thinking 15 biopsies is not usual. I cannot get my results until next wed. I am very pissed about all of this. This could have been taken care of 2 years ago if these a--hol-- would have have listened to me in the first place. My surgeon even tried to get this done and they (gastro. doc.) wouldn't listen to him.When does this end???????????????????????????????/Summerwind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts