Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my on going battle to try to find a way to live with whatever has been going on the last year.....my yoga teacher introduced me to a psychologist that practices energy psychology and quantum healing. I met with him yesterday and have my first session next week. I went off Lotronex for 4 days and worsening IBS symptoms returned even tho I am only taking .5 to 1 mg a day now since starting 30 mg of codiene at bedtime. So looks like I will have to stay the course with the Lotronex...funny 2 mg a day was not helping that much and with codiene it was too much so maybe the smaller dose was working in tandem with the codiene.....who the hell knows anymore....I am hopefull that with this new treatment I maybe able to stop all meds eventually.Anyone heard of this treatment as on many sites it is considered a valid treatment for IBS.....Dr. Deepok Chopra.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It can sometimes take a combination of medications to get good control and sometimes even if they don't seem to do that much on their own they are an important part of the mix that works.There usually isn't a lot of hard data for how well these sorts of energy healing types of things work. However some people say they get a lot of benefit from all sorts of things so if you can afford it, it may be worth checking it out. Having a referral sometimes helps as you at least know someone that thinks they do a good job. Sometimes it is more about the healer than the method. Some doctors in clinical trials have a higher placebo cure rate because there is something about them that just triggers self-healing in other people. Some things are known about this (like when the patient feels listened to) but a lot of it is still kind of a mystery.Hopefully this will make you feel better.

·
Registered
976 Posts
VickieibsdGlad that the codeine phosphate and Lotronex is helping you., I was on codeine phosphate , started it last june 30mg tablets up to 8 per day and Imodium, they helped a little but 2 months ago I stopped taking them as they had no effect, they had stopped doing anything to help. Hope you continue to get releif. I am still looking for something to help me with my D, even imodium isnt helping much at the moment, I started the calcium again with imodium just over a week ago to see if this time that will help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.