Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen this mentioned here but it was in the forum I found about IBS before I found this one with claims it helped. The enteric coating is supposed to pass the peppermint through the stomach to the intestines where it dissolves and is supposed to be very soothing to the intestines and slow them down. I had to order it through my local health food store and unfortunately it didn't work for me but others claimed it did so I thought I'd mention it here

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I've used the ones by Enzymatic Therapy (about $14.99) with some success. They're good for cramping and spasms that come with D attacks. You take one or two between meals (20 minutes before a meal is the best) to prevent pain. Start out with a dose of just one, because more can cause an anal burning sensation after an attack of D sometimes. It's not dangerous or anything, just kind of startling when you're not expecting it.

G

·
I tried taking enteric coated peppermint between meal as a preventitive and it did nothing for me. Yet, I then tried it when I am having an attack and the spasms are causing cramping. If it's really bad I take 2 and within 1/2-1 hour then pain is gone. I don't go anywhere without taking my peppermint with me. Ann

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.