Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been taking a product known as `Combizyme`(a brownish coloured tablet) for the last two days and It hasnt seemed to stop the smell that always seems to surround me. Is it too early yet? Although I am not sure of the particular ingredients, it says that it is made to break down normal daily diet, especially those which contain fat. I believe it is the same as Creon 25.Can somebody out there give me some feedback on these Enzyme related drugs or my particular problem (I really smell)Living day by Day,Kalium

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you haven't talked to your doctor about the smell I would do so. Not all smells are bowel related so you may need to be checked out to see if a source of the odor can be determined, and given what is causing it what can be done to treat it.Alot depends on what your transit time is. Normally it takes 18-72 hours for food to get from the mouth to the anus, so after a couple of days you may still have food from before you started taking enzymes.I've not heard anything that makes me think they will help for odor.Stool smell comes from a number of things only one of which is the food. Sometimes it is the breakdown products of the food that can cause odor.Hydrogen sulfide gas is a major odorant in stool and GI gas. This is caused by bacteria. Altering you bacterial flora may help with this. Taking probiotics (which don't produce much of any gas and do not produce H2S) may help.Chlorophyll tablets might help as they absorb odors.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.