Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again... Been a long time since I posted here.I've been trying to handle my IBS the last few years. I've written here in the past about shakes and exhaustion I get when the attacks hit. It's gotten to the point I've had to give up many of the things I enjoy like swimming because the attacks wipe me out.I started seeing an edocronologist because I was having sugar issues. She founf my blood pressure rises and falls pretty fast even when just sitting. This and the sugar problems made her suspect the attacks are either caused by (or they trigger) sudden increases in epinephrine. Sometimes it's minor, sometimes, like today, it's enough to make me shake like crazy and feel high as a kite followed by an extreme crash. She's ruled out diabetes after several tests.We're just starting to explore the epinephrine connection. I'm curious if anyone else has come across this issue and how you've dealt with it. I'd love to be able to stop these attacks or deal with the aftermath better. She wants me to start taking Zoloft to calm anxiety, thinking this will help control it. Not thrilled about that.Would love to hear input from others on this. Glad to have something more concrete to work with after all these years but struggling to figure out how to deal with it.Ed

·
Registered
14,427 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
BQ: Thanks for the link. I've been trying relaxation exercises. Still trying to get the hang of them. screeb: I don't think there's a gastric emptying problem. I have good BMs after every meal, just very urgent. No constipation problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.