Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doctor recommended Equalactin. I think it is the same as Fibercon. At times it helps, other times I am not sure. Has anyone tried Digestive Advantage IBS? It is supposed to control diarrhea, constipation. urgency, gas, bloating, cramps and irritation. Sounds like a miracle drug!!!I purchased a box but have not tried it because it states that some gas and bloating may occur during the first few days and I have so much gas that I am confined to the house 80% of my life!I think I am going to break down and give it a try.June

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi June, Read the post "DA-IBS, how's it working for you?" Many people take it & like myself, saw a huge improvemnt, for other it hasn't worked. DA-IBS is a probiotic blend, not a drug. The first week or so, I had tummy rumbles, but its a great probiotic to try in conjuction with fiber. I like your doc!I take 2 a day with lunch & after 2 weeks on it, I was able to eatr many things that had given me trouble before. Also, my bms became more normal, not so bloated from the fiber.(even Jeffrey Roberts has seen improvement with DA-IBS)Hope you have good results. Just give your body time to adjust before judging(the co says at least a month.)Talissa

· Registered
1,801 Posts
Hi June, Read the post "DA-IBS, how's it working for you?" Many people take it & like myself, saw a huge improvemnt, for other it hasn't worked. DA-IBS is a probiotic blend, not a drug. The first week or so, I had tummy rumbles, but its a great probiotic to try in conjuction with fiber. I like your doc!I take 2 a day with lunch & after 2 weeks on it, I was able to eatr many things that had given me trouble before. Also, my bms became more normal, not so bloated from the fiber.(even Jeffrey Roberts has seen improvement with DA-IBS)Hope you have good results. Just give your body time to adjust before judging(the co says at least a month.)Talissa

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Equalactin is the same as fibercon. I have been taking 2/day for years, first for IBS D and then for C. It has helped me. I'm not familiar with the other product. I am also taking cultrelle which is a probiotic, for a flareup of IBS D after antibiotics.

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Equalactin is the same as fibercon. I have been taking 2/day for years, first for IBS D and then for C. It has helped me. I'm not familiar with the other product. I am also taking cultrelle which is a probiotic, for a flareup of IBS D after antibiotics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.