Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you refresh my memory on summertime heat and how it effects IBS, or why? And what, if anything can I do/eat to avoid the pitfalls that come from the heat. I think Screamer brought it up months back and I did try the search with no luck. Tuesday it was 90 here and I spent all day outside working in the yard. I didn't get D but got that special pain around 2:00 and thought, here we go. Luckily I had normal BMs and the pain went away but I still felt a little Iffy for the rest of the day. I remember something along the lines of increased seratonin in the gut when it's hot? yes?Thanks

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I know my IBS is always worse in the summer. Natually when you want to get out and do more. St Louis has been tying record heats here.Hope you feel better BrettTake careKat

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, we're off to a hot start this year,eh? Thanks Kat. I'm happy that there was no D. This time last year I would have been in the can for the rest of the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.