Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting very overwhelmed with all the different reasons I could be having attacks, foods, stress, could i be frutose intolerent, should I eay soy stuff, and it goes on and on, Im totally stressing over that. I dont want to have to eat soy, I dont want to be frutose intollerent, I think pepcid bothers me too, but I only take it sometimes, and on the live chat last night, he said it was possible that the zoloft I take could make it worse, but Ive been on it for 8 years,how can that be, but he did say if it helped with the panic (and it does)to just treat the d; but how.I just dont want to deal with this. I think all this obcessing is making me worse, well I know it is. I just dont know where to start. Dont get me wrong I love Heathers site but they all think everyone should eat no dairy and no red meat,, I just dont like the texture of some of it. I was going to do the elimination diet but got a cold and everytime I do I get more cramps and d cause i have all that junk going to my stomach. Eric I sure could use some advice. Im making a positive thoughts list, it helped me so much with my panic disorder it should help me with this

·
Registered
31 Posts
YOU CAN DO IT!!! Stop obsessing and start thinking clearly. I know it is hard to think when all you feel is funny in your tummy. Don't think that getting rid of certain foods will be the end of the world. I got rid of all milk stuff, and all gas causing foods, coffee, pop, alcohol. Trust me feeling better is more satisfying than a beer or something bad.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Allinknots, sorry you having a rough time. Colds certainly make it all worse also.I am going to try to help you tomorrow on the HT forum where you posted.That is an excellent step forward in the right direction with keeping a positive thoughts list.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I used to think the same about soy stuff -- yuch, who would touch the stuff? Fast forward a few years later, and I love almost anything soy. There are products to stay away from, but there are many products where I just can't believe its not the real thing.One word of caution about the meatless and the dairyless foods. For some reason, a certain subclass of them makes me have awful problems. Veggie burgers, for instance, send me to the bathroom every time. I have tried different brands, and almost all do the same. Can't figure that one out, but I think it must be in how the patty is made -- are these fried? In any event, here are some of my favorite soy/meatless products:You can't go wrong with the fake ground beef from morning star farms. I use a taco mix from the store and put the fake beef in a flour tortilla. I also occassionaly add soy cheese. Generally, I don't like the texture of soy cheese, but when it is basically melted in a taco, it tastes basically the same without the bad texture. There is only one soy ice cream I like at all. Note, though, that most soy ice creams are dairy. For me, I tolerate soy ice cream a lot better than regular ice cream, so having a scoop or two after dinner usually doesn't give me problems, but it might give you problems. If you want to try it, though, the chocolate fudge brownie made by Soy Delicious is the only way to go in my opinion (yes, if you are hypersensitive to chocolate, strike this one -- in small amounts I can tolerate it at night). I just recently started eating a fake ham and cheese pocket. There is so much soy cheese that when I first ate this, I was sure it was going to send me to the bathroom all night. Inexplicably, no problems whatsoever. My favorite thing, though, is seitan. Its a meat substitute. I've had seitan "steaks" that are unbelieveable at restaurants. I once had a Phake Philly Cheesesteak with seitan and soy cheese that was excellent.Again, a lot of people are more sensitive than I am when it comes to dairy, so you have to be careful with the above. I only eat them at night in general as I can tolerate food easier then. There are tons of vegan options too, though, that you wouldn't believe. I'd stay away from the soy cheese in general until you enjoy some of the better textured foods. My latest find: baked soy chips.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.