Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33,934 Posts
If I recall the ingredients it does have calcium in it as well as the zeolite. So you may need to keep an eye on total calcium intake for the day (so I wouldn't take other calcium supplements).Calcium alone does a pretty good job for some people and generic calcium carbonated is pretty cheap.Various clays/minerals have been used for Diarrhea as well, but I think on their own they tend to take awhile to work, so adding the calcium probably helps a lot.K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
D-free..you just have to understand that we do have an endless supply of sales people who come here pitching their product.It gets really old, and one of the signs is new member saying "this cured me" sort of post. Somehow it is different if we have seen you here through the finding a treatment phase rather than just at the end, but stick around and be real about your IBS experince and people will start to get a better sense of whether you are selling something or for real. Maybe it is "newbie" discrimination, but sales people are always posting the cure on their first post, and often that is the only post we get (other than the standard why do you care if I am a sales person or not, you people just want to stay sick or you would be emailing me, which I love...)Although yours really does not fit the standard script all that much, we have had WAY TOO many sales people here (my mother's nurse told her about this product behind the doctor's back and it cured....fill in the name of the disease from the medical board you are posting to.... Or a friend of mine told me about this product...And then and the end it is the email me for details. Big hint is those people never tell you the name of the product because they don't want you finding a distributor that isn't them)Since you didn't fit that I felt a bit better about the "I'm new here with a cure" type of post
A lot of people here used DA-IBS when it first came out they offered free samples to the board, and strangely enough many people had good results. That is why that brand gets mentioned a lot.A lot of people on the board have had great sucess with all sorts of brands of probiotic bacteria. Like any cure (including the calicum that is in this product) no one treatment helps everyone, but a lot of treatments help some of the people here.There are some studies that indicate that for some people with IBS probiotics may be helpful. K.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
It should work similar to the old Kaopectate before they switched to Bismuth like Pepto Bismol.I liked the old Kaopectate. The clays in these things are what makes it work. I think by soaking up the excess water sort of thing. Maybe also binding up bacteria for acute problems. I'm not sure if anyone has a definitive on why they work, but they have been in use for this a long time.It has calcium in it to and some peope get good results with calcium alone in controlling diarrhea.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.