Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Sage:The main ingredient in this product is called zeolite. If you go to: http://www.esdifan.com/ and click on "supportive studies" at the top, you will find information on zeolite. One of the articles states that zeolite is used as anti-cancer therapy. The web site has lots of information on the product. Also, they have a special on it right now. If you buy 2 bottles you get one free. Or, if you buy 5 or more bottles you get 2 free, plus the shipping is free. The are really fast too. I'm from Canada and I was surprised at how fast I received my order.Cheryl

· Registered
21 Posts
I think I have tried just about everything out there, and what I have found that works and that I feel safe using is blackberry juice. Plain old blackberries work too, but I have a hard time wtih them I don't like tart fruit. someone told me that there were a natural remedy for diarrhea and nausea. (I think raspberries might work too, but I haven't tried them.) I found blackberry cider at a roadside stand on vacation and decided to try it. It is amazing how fast it kicked in! I haven't been able to find it in the grocery store, but there are a few sites on the internet that sell it. I order it online by the case, so I am sure not to run out! But, if you have a country store in your town--check there first, b/c they might have it and the shipping prices can be a bit steep when ordering online.If you are really ambitious, you can try canning your own blackberry juice (I suppose you can do it at home, but I would suggest finding a canning plant or juicer). It is alot of work, but if it is cooked, it has a shelf life of 1-2 years, so it would last you a while.Hope this helps!!

· Registered
230 Posts
I used to take Bentyl, which I think is Dicyclomine. If not I've taken both. My chiropractor told me to throw it away and just take Acidophilus, which does work about the same or better for me. It helps with the types of food I eat, but doesn't help me at all with anxiety. So I still get awful bouts of D. My new thing is Metamucil and I don't want to jinx myself but it feels very promising.

· Registered
50 Posts
quote:Originally posted by sage1989:Finally tried 6 pills tonight before dinner and still got the big D!~ I don't know if that's because I didn't give it enough time or it doesn't work, I'll report back
Sage, I am new to this site, and in flipping through your responses to this guy felt the same way you did. Thanks for trying it though. Please continue to report back because it seems as if you are the only one I trust here. Thanks

· Registered
1 Posts
Hey,I just started taking esdifan so i will try and give a no-bs assessment of it over the coming days/weeks. I will be taking it as a daily preventative.been on caltrate and getting moderate success, so should serve as a good basis of comparison.i must say i became worried when it said on the label many ibs sufferers said esdifan was a "miracle", but i'll reserve judgment.

· Registered
10 Posts
If you go to any site that sells Esdifan you will see that the product can NOT be sold by individual people. It's too bad that there is a good product out there and you don't want to try something because of lack of trust. Read the websites. There are several of them. If you still don't believe it, then send a message to the companies and ask if you can sell their product on your own. Which is worse - trying something that you "think" is being sold by someone on their own, or sitting your sore ass on the can for the rest of our life with diahrrea? Take your pick.

· Registered
136 Posts
This esdifan sounds like really good stuff. But loyalalways it just sounds like the new members thing just seems to target IBS people. So understand there is really going to be some skepticism. Dont get me wrong, i'm all about finding the stuff that works. I am also familiar with how corporations and businesses flow too and their ad-campaigns. So if Sage comes back and says it doesnt quite work, i will still keep an open mind on this product and see who else has tried it. IBS-D is like a phenomenon where different things work for different people...

· Registered
1 Posts
I have just finished taking Esdifan for a month. I am quite impressed but, of course, after years of failure, wary, to say the least. I started out taking 6 of the caps a day, but found it worked a little too good, so pared that back to 3 in the morning. No d for the full time. I know that quite often these things seem to work for a time and then just stop, but nothing before has worked for an entire month for me. Imodium does nothing. I am also taking a thing from my doctor called Cyclomine that helps a bit, so maybe it is the combination of that with the Esdifan that is doing the trick. It may be a while before I can overcome the horrible anxiety that this disease has caused for me, but with the Esdifan, so far, so good.

· Registered
1 Posts
I am happy to hear someone had some help from it. I have been reading around these boards for about a month looking for ideas, I tried Esdifan, oh my, I started taking it Tuesday and that was the worst day of D I ever had, well I thought maybe a fluke, well by this morning it was going strong again all day so far 3:15. I know somethings don't work for everyone and this one doesn't for me. I have tried Ibsacol and had some success better than nothing, but no luck with Calcium either. Good luck to those who try I hope it goes better for you.

· Registered
10 Posts
Sorry Philm, I didn't mean to sound like an old crab. LOL! I understand about the skepticism. In today's world, unfortunately, we can't trust anyone, which is very sad. I've tried this stuff too and I even wonder myself if it isn't just my imagination. I've been through so much over the years with my Crohn's disease that it just seems unbelievable that there might actually be something out there for me. I have short gut syndrome. I've only got 38 inches of any bowel left. It happens to be my small bowel. Needless to say everything goes right through me and doesn't even bother to change colour. It isn't in there long enough. LOL! Within a half hour I start to see what I ate.

· Registered
10 Posts
OOPS! I guess you're only allowed so many characters because my last message didn't paste the whole thing that I wrote. Here's the rest.
So far I've noticed a difference with Esdifan and I just hope that I continue. The only problem is the price. It's really expensive. Why is it that medical stuff is always so expensive? It's like being punished for being sick!! It's so annoying. I also have an ostomy and those supplies are going to put me in the poor house! All I can say is that if you're having a lot of problems with diahrrea then you should try one bottle first and then go from there. What have you got to lose, right?

· Registered
136 Posts
yeah, sorry to hear that loyalalways. I thats what my colon is all about. As soon as i eat almost within the hour i really gotta go. The old quick fix is nice but i am always looking for some long term effect. I hate carrying my pills everywhere i go and dont like paying for something to keep a damper on it. You know what i mean? Wonder how this stuff worked out for Sage must be working for him

· Registered
139 Posts
I have been taking it off and on but whenever I have anything of importance, I rush back to Immodium! I did take Esdifan one day and before my dinner and I still had full blown D and had to resort to popping a ton of immodium. I don't really think it's that great but who knows? I will finish the bottle and see how it works!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.