Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, now I am panicked... nothing is helping this severe bout of the I can't poop" episode. did an enema the other day and today and only a little came out- still feel horrible. this everhappen to any of you guys????? the nurse practionaer put me on miralax if the xray comes back that i don't have a blockage. am very skeptical b/c tried high power stuff and it didn't help either....

·
Registered
12 Posts
So it sounds like you have been to your Dr. if you have had xrays, that would have been my first suggestion if you had not been there. I have certainly had C for a week and by the end of it you feel terrible, but always I am able to correct it with something over the counter or by altering my diet. I work with someone that has had to go for a "flush" in the Emergency room before because it is so bad, maybe you can ask your Dr. about that.Sorry I can't be of more help

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, I am still waiti g for the xray results. am in pain. they have me on high doses of miralax and I have watery D. but don't feel right. not passing much at a time. I think it may be a blockage. will see....

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
If your tests come back normal you might want to try a suppository with a stimulant in it. Follow the instruction on the box.When all else failed it worked for me and cleaned me out. Then Miralax worked and still is sorta! vikee

·
Registered
56 Posts
I used to get the const in ibs mostly but rarely now.What I have noticed is that since I started drinking a glass of water nearly every hour, even if I do get const. it is easy to go once you get started as opposed to the unpleasantness that used to happen.How much water are you drinking?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just had this prob a few months ago on top of having a fissure. When the doc was examining me for the fissure he was pressing on my belly and said I was backed up. He told me to go home and take some milk of magnesia but without stimulants because it would cause pain. He also told me a heating pad or hot bath and he said take a long walk. I eventually went, but another doctor I was going to for diet told me take mineral oil and that did the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.