Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !Does anyone have any experience with,"Evening Primrose Oil" ?Did it do anything for you ?What did it do ?------------------Regards - Duane[This message has been edited by Duane (edited 01-19-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Duane,I have been taking evening E.P.O for a year now, 1000mg 3 times a day. I can't say specificly what it has done for me but I can tell you that this along with a few other herbs & following my diet keeps me feeling pretty good most of the time.Good lick to you...sassPSIt supplies essential fatty acids needed to protect the intestinal lining.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Pete and sass;[ we must be on the same trac ]Either that or reading the same herb book [bg]Well I checked out that URL Pete, and I feel I must report that *I* have been having no problem with *my* monthly cycle at all.[bg]I was looking into it cause (1.) I've always heard of it being recco'd for IBS, (2.) I'm looking for a treatment to deal with a lite case of eczama, I seem to have picked up from doing some vitamin b-12.If you don't mind me asking, why were you also looking into it?sass, is it a fish oil ? An omega-3 type or something? Do you mind me asking what else you take?------------------Regards - Duane[This message has been edited by Duane (edited 01-19-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Duane I am having same problem and think it was caused by overuse of B-12 I was told by the person where I get my vitamins about the EPO and also about aloe jel, the jel has done no good. I dont know about the EPO havent tried it yet. ------------------Peter44

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Duane,Don't mind you asking at all!The primrose oil comes from a seed that is taken from a flower (I believe).I also take Alfalfa which builds intestinal flora. And Milk Thistle , it is a cleanser & protects the liver.This with daily doses of fibre & lots of water seem to keep me on the right track most of the time.(everyone is different).I read a book that may interest you. It is the best I have found for natural remedies.It's called "Prescription For Natural healing" An a-z reference to drug-free remedies using vitamins,herbs & food supplements. This is a really easy to read book & I recomend it highly. I got mine at my local drug store .Good luck & don't hesitate to ask questions.sass

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Pete,Let's be friends
Appreciate yer understanding in this matter.Regards[This message has been edited by Duane (edited 01-20-99).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no problemo compadre consider it done even tho have no damn idea what your talking about. I thought I was talking to you, guess not, disregard all transmissions I will just fly back to the old 700 among the still knowns. Buenos dias Amigo! Ariverderchy and a reservor to you
This was edited BGD[This message has been edited by peter44 (edited 01-19-99).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts