Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is Acupuncture without needle.She use vaccumssuckers on the meridian.I have an appointment Friday and the chinese girl also use herbs.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She barely understand french and english!!!I ate being desesperate as i am.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She barely understand french and english!!!I ate being desesperate as i am.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But the succion sound like a good treatment.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But the succion sound like a good treatment.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Spasman, if this is what I think it is, I have seen people who have had this and it can leave some big bruises.Just fyi"Alternative Therapies CuppingCupping is a technique that is especially useful in the treatment of problems of local qi, or blood stagnation in the channels, and is usually performed as an alternative to acupuncture.The cups that are used are generally of rounded glass construction. The cups are warmed via a burning taper, held for a very short period of time inside the cup. The cup is then quickly placed over the selected area.Due to the candle flame, all of the oxygen in the cup has been removed and when placed open side down, a vacuum is created, which anchors the cup to the skin and pulls the skin upward on the inside of the glass. The resulting pressure encourages the flow of qi and blood in the area beneath the cup, and the local stagnation begins to clear.It is imperative that this method only be performed by licensed practitioners, and even when performed correctly, can result in marking (non permanent) and bruises. " http://www.aworldofacupuncture.com/acupuncture-cupping.htm

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Spasman, if this is what I think it is, I have seen people who have had this and it can leave some big bruises.Just fyi"Alternative Therapies CuppingCupping is a technique that is especially useful in the treatment of problems of local qi, or blood stagnation in the channels, and is usually performed as an alternative to acupuncture.The cups that are used are generally of rounded glass construction. The cups are warmed via a burning taper, held for a very short period of time inside the cup. The cup is then quickly placed over the selected area.Due to the candle flame, all of the oxygen in the cup has been removed and when placed open side down, a vacuum is created, which anchors the cup to the skin and pulls the skin upward on the inside of the glass. The resulting pressure encourages the flow of qi and blood in the area beneath the cup, and the local stagnation begins to clear.It is imperative that this method only be performed by licensed practitioners, and even when performed correctly, can result in marking (non permanent) and bruises. " http://www.aworldofacupuncture.com/acupuncture-cupping.htm

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have also had "cupping" i've had it with just the cups and with the needle inside the cup. It can leave a big mark(think giant hickey)or bruise. My brother also used to get it done and he would be left with bruises for weeks. I had big marks but they usually went away after a day or 2.I didn't find much relief for my IBS when i went the accupucture route. But it did help with pain management fo rmy back and head pain.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have also had "cupping" i've had it with just the cups and with the needle inside the cup. It can leave a big mark(think giant hickey)or bruise. My brother also used to get it done and he would be left with bruises for weeks. I had big marks but they usually went away after a day or 2.I didn't find much relief for my IBS when i went the accupucture route. But it did help with pain management fo rmy back and head pain.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmmm,thanks.Doesn't look good.Another who claims that he can cure everything.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm,thanks.Doesn't look good.Another who claims that he can cure everything.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Spasman- you aren't going to find 1 thing that cures your porblem. Try everythign and see what works for you. Acccupuncture worked a bit for me but i found that going to a naturopath was producing more results so i stopped going to accupuncture. But i know lots of people taht get a lot of relief from going to accupuncture. And if i was still getting horrible pain i probably woudl still go to accupuncture as it did help with that.Try it out you might be surprised but don't expect to be cured

·
Registered
517 Posts
Spasman- you aren't going to find 1 thing that cures your porblem. Try everythign and see what works for you. Acccupuncture worked a bit for me but i found that going to a naturopath was producing more results so i stopped going to accupuncture. But i know lots of people taht get a lot of relief from going to accupuncture. And if i was still getting horrible pain i probably woudl still go to accupuncture as it did help with that.Try it out you might be surprised but don't expect to be cured

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I won't go there finally.I don't beleive someone who barely understand IBS anyway.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I won't go there finally.I don't beleive someone who barely understand IBS anyway.

·
Registered
517 Posts
quote:I won't go there finally.I don't beleive someone who barely understand IBS anyway
How do you know they dont' understand IBS? What have they said/done to give you this impression? If you dont' like them then try to find a accupuncturist you like and is more knowledgable. Its worth trying, as you never know it might help.

·
Registered
517 Posts
quote:I won't go there finally.I don't beleive someone who barely understand IBS anyway
How do you know they dont' understand IBS? What have they said/done to give you this impression? If you dont' like them then try to find a accupuncturist you like and is more knowledgable. Its worth trying, as you never know it might help.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Acunputure dosen't work.I was under the impression that her general knowledges don't target IBS.I have been worst with TCM few times also.

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Acunputure dosen't work.I was under the impression that her general knowledges don't target IBS.I have been worst with TCM few times also.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.