Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these foods giving me IBS? For breakfast every morning i eat three peices of toast with grape jelly and two cinnamon poptarts wit hot tea. For lunch some days I either eat tuna fish plain right out of the can with nothing in it, beefaroni one or two days, or Underwood chicken spread in the can with a cup of hot tea. For desert I eat brownies, devil dogs, or cupcakes. For supper I usually just eat peanut butter and marshmallow fluff every night with hot tea. I eat nothing else at night but maybe Hershey bars, cookies.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would say these could be given you problems: grape jelly and two cinnamon poptarts, beefaroni(pretty sure it has red meat in it), Underwood chicken spread(?), brownies, devil dogs, or cupcakes(chocolate is a no no), peanut butter and marshmallow fluff(PB gives me very loose stools), and Hershey bars/cookies.you really need to clean up your diet... no offense...I had to too!Need any recommendations for new snacks or meals I can help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
yes your diet is causeing you to have IBSif i ate a diet like that.. i would have horrible gas 24/7 and horrible horrible IBSyou cannot mix fat with carbohydrates or you will get gas and stomach problemsthe scientific requirement for carbohydrates in the diet is 0 you dont need them but you do need fat and proteinlots of people have ok stomachs eating 20-100 grams of carbohydrates a day as well but some are super bad like refined grains , sugar like toast and candychange your diet to this and you will do much better and lose body fat and gain muscle as well
http://www.atkinsdietbulletinboard.com/forums/when you eat very low carbohydrates 20 grams or less or so your body absolutely will not store any of the fat you eat thats one of the reasons why you dont gain fat on a diet like this i lost 150 pounds of fat on it and gained 50 pounds of muscle i go to the gym as wellmore infohttp://www.ibsgroup.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=112669

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I find soluble fibre foods such as White rice,pasta,potatoes(boiled or mashed) and even bananas work very well with my digestive system.Sweet things eg biscuits(cookies US) and chocolates and pastries are fine in moderation too.Speaking personally though apart from insoluble fibre like bran etc,I don't have a particular food trigger for my IBS,I wish I did as I would just cut it out.Yourself it just sounds like you are eating too much sweet and processed food so change your diet and it might help you a lot.Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts