Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,I'm seeing a hypnotherapist in the Bay Area who does gut-specific hypnotherapy. She's treating me for ibs(pressure and spasms mostly). Just wanted to report that lately I have had a completely shift in my symptoms. For a while things were getting better. Now they are getting worse but in a different way. I'm not too upset about the worsening though b/c its exciting that whatever I'm doing is having any effect at all. I went from pressure under my chest and almost constipation with inability to release gas to diarrhea and constant farting(which i hardly every get). Now I have normalish bowel movements with alternating major back pressure and upper abdominal pressure.On top of the ibs effect I find that my feelings are closer to the surface. Things that really bother me are right up front and I feel like I'm looking at issues with a fresh mind and better able to make solutions. I dream very vividly all the times about things that are bothering me-even things from the past. I don't know yet if I will come full circle and get the 80% to complete improvement that she has experienced with other patients, but at times I feel like I might have a chance at really getting my symptoms under control.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tom,I live in SF. My hypno lives in Pacifica, but its a worthwile 20 minute drive for me. If you move here you will not be dissappointed-San Francisco is beautiful! CookiesforMarilyn posted Susan's info a while back when I was looking for someone to speak to our local ibs self-help group. I don't think Cookies for Marilyn knew anything about her at the time. I think she's great though. She's a certified hypnotherapist and an RN. Thanks for finding her for me, Cookies.------------Susan BishopMind Over Matterwww.mindover.com

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
She has 6 tapes for sale for $100. I'm not sure what they are as Palsson's aren't out yet. She also has a listing of certified practitioners? Maybe this is nurse's certification?joanofarc, I actually spent a year in Pacifica years ago and would be glad to return.thanks for the info.tom

·
Registered
160 Posts
Tom,If you mean Melissa's web page - tranceworker, no its a "referral" system for the hypnotherapists that she has trained. Melissa has been doing training in IBS for a few years. The NGH holds its convention early August and Melissa sometimes presents her work on IBS there.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Susan use to visit the board here when she was first starting her business.Joan, I am happy she is helping you out, that's excellent.HT can give you more focus on things and you seem to be experiencing that. Also, HT can help regulate your bowel movements and patterns, so it maybe adjusting, but not to worry it will adjust right, the act of it slows transit time down.Glad to hear its going well for you.

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
I wrote to Susan but I was looking for the email of someone who trained her and that's what I asked Chris for. I'm looking for authors who might like to contribute to programs to train professionals.tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.