Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just taken my first ever dose of Colofac just b4 eating, and now I feel all light headed and dizzy. Will this happen everytime I take it??It's nasty!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Spike,Its been such a long time since I last took Colofac but I believe I got headaches when I first started taking it. Usually any side effects should go away after a couple of weeks so stick with it. If your still having problems after that I would suggest going back to the doctor who will try you on something else.Its a hit and miss thing trying to find out what suits you and helps your IBS, so stick with it, it may be a long haul but eventually when you find something that helps its worth it.I remember you mentioning Colpermin in one of your other posts - this is also an anti-spasmodic and may suit you better than Colofac - unfortunately its trial and error.Welcome to the BB by the way from another fellow UK IBS'er!Clair

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Spike,Its been such a long time since I last took Colofac but I believe I got headaches when I first started taking it. Usually any side effects should go away after a couple of weeks so stick with it. If your still having problems after that I would suggest going back to the doctor who will try you on something else.Its a hit and miss thing trying to find out what suits you and helps your IBS, so stick with it, it may be a long haul but eventually when you find something that helps its worth it.I remember you mentioning Colpermin in one of your other posts - this is also an anti-spasmodic and may suit you better than Colofac - unfortunately its trial and error.Welcome to the BB by the way from another fellow UK IBS'er!Clair

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phew, icky feeling gone now....just have this urge to go to sleep :(Still, I'd rather have that than dodgey belly/me has got his appetite back

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Phew, icky feeling gone now....just have this urge to go to sleep :(Still, I'd rather have that than dodgey belly/me has got his appetite back

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Spike, I'm not being funny or anyting, but are you sure it's the Colofac? If it was right before eating that may have been because you needed to eat? I guess I'm just hoping the Colofac doesn't give you problems! I suppose you'll know when you next take it!! LOL
------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Spike, I'm not being funny or anyting, but are you sure it's the Colofac? If it was right before eating that may have been because you needed to eat? I guess I'm just hoping the Colofac doesn't give you problems! I suppose you'll know when you next take it!! LOL
------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.