Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
117 Posts
I did a semester abroad in Australia last spring, and I don't know if it is the same way in the UK, but their final exams system was pretty intimidating!The whole "formal exam" thing where you have an assigned seat and you have to stay in the exam room for at least 1 hour, even if you finish your exam before was pretty stressful for my IBS symptoms.

· Registered
117 Posts
Last semester when I had pseudomembranous colitis, on top of my usual IBS-D, which put me in the hospital for a period of time, most of my professors were pretty cooperative, in terms of letting me take exams, and the final exams in a private room, where I could feel more comfortable.Best thing to do I think is to meet with your teachers early in the semester, to just kind of give them a heads up that you have a condition that may prevent you from attending classes or exams sometimes. I've found most teachers, when you meet with them one on one in their offices are usually very understanding and helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.