Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Exceptionally Long Flare

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  minimalizer 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone! I am new to this site so wanted to introduce myself!

Ive been diagnosed with IBS-D a few years ago and have always suffered from diarrhea/loose stools/gas/you name it. However, just recently (about a month ago) i took a z-pack for a throat infection and since then my diarrhea hasnt let up which is a bit out of the normal for me. To be fair, I also just started a new job at the same time and have been under a lot of stress/anxiety with the new change. And the daily diarrhea at a new job is making me more anxious. I saw my GI doctor last week and he tested me for c-diff which came back negative. I am still anxious though that it was a false negative and i really do have something seriously wrong with me. I have always been able to rely on imodium and even that isnt working anymore. I am extremely anxious about this and not sure what to do now.. i cant stop worrying that it is something more than ibs. My dr told me to take florastor twice a day which i will start doing but am definitely in need of some advice and encouragement :)

#2 ·
Soft soluble, yet non-fermentable/non-gassy (can't be fed upon by any bacteria) Methylcellulose (generic Equate is at Walmart) before everything eaten, 2 caps with 8 swallows of water. Creates bulk for stools and regularity without holding up bacteria as with Immodium, which affects opioid receptors, then your body becomes tolerant and requires more with some people. Eat more soluble fiber type foods. Eat 5-6X/day of your smaller meals, if you aren't already. There's a diet I can point you to about soluble v.s. insoluble.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.