Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was diagnosed with SIBO and IBS this year and I want to share my story and hear yours.

I took Xifaxan treatment, Herbal Treatments but it didn't work at all. My symptom is Excessive Flatulence, I use to work in meetings, closed spaces with people and it has been I little bit difficult to deal with it. It is an unconformable condition to deal but it is something we can control a bit.

What I have found?

I was taking HCL supplement to enhance my digestion for a couple of months but actually I was making my symptoms worse.

I found that no matter what I ate my symptoms were there, once I got rid of HCL my symptoms were improving a bit. After a little talk with a Naturopath I found that I might have Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO or a sulfur issue, doing some of a research I found that following a low sulfur diet my symptoms improved.

Supplements that I am taking:

-EPSON Salts baths, Molybdenum (Biotics), Bio-HPF (Biotics), Butyric-Cal-Mag (Biotics), Calcium D-Glucarate, Hydroxocobalamin, Korean Red Panax Ginseng and Trace Minerals.

This is my first week taking them and it seems to help, I will give you an update after a few weeks.

Also I found that the hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria generate gas using Bile acids, so when we eat high fat meats or we are under an stress situation we produce more bile acid and for that reason more gas is produced by these hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

So the supplements are working as binders and stabilizers of hydrogen sulfide production and the Sulfide to Sulfate conversion as well.

So in addition, I will be taking a Probiotic only with Lactobacillus Plantarum that has been shown good results in reducing hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

I hope this works for you, I am not 100% cured but I think this help and it is a step forward. I will give you an update after a few weeks. See you soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
So, does it help you ?

Hi, I was diagnosed with SIBO and IBS this year and I want to share my story and hear yours.

I took Xifaxan treatment, Herbal Treatments but it didn't work at all. My symptom is Excessive Flatulence, I use to work in meetings, closed spaces with people and it has been I little bit difficult to deal with it. It is an unconformable condition to deal but it is something we can control a bit.

What I have found?

I was taking HCL supplement to enhance my digestion for a couple of months but actually I was making my symptoms worse.

I found that no matter what I ate my symptoms were there, once I got rid of HCL my symptoms were improving a bit. After a little talk with a Naturopath I found that I might have Hydrogen Sulfide SIBO or a sulfur issue, doing some of a research I found that following a low sulfur diet my symptoms improved.

Supplements that I am taking:

-EPSON Salts baths, Molybdenum (Biotics), Bio-HPF (Biotics), Butyric-Cal-Mag (Biotics), Calcium D-Glucarate, Hydroxocobalamin, Korean Red Panax Ginseng and Trace Minerals.

This is my first week taking them and it seems to help, I will give you an update after a few weeks.

Also I found that the hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria generate gas using Bile acids, so when we eat high fat meats or we are under an stress situation we produce more bile acid and for that reason more gas is produced by these hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

So the supplements are working as binders and stabilizers of hydrogen sulfide production and the Sulfide to Sulfate conversion as well.

So in addition, I will be taking a Probiotic only with Lactobacillus Plantarum that has been shown good results in reducing hydrogen sulfide producing bacteria.

I hope this works for you, I am not 100% cured but I think this help and it is a step forward. I will give you an update after a few weeks. See you soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Passing is normal, and it is a sign that our digestive system is working efficiently, we fart from 12 to 24 times a day on an average. But as we know smelly farts can cause the discomfort and even embarrassment around people. Here are a few things you can do to get rid of the odor smell from gas.

Take Flatuscents fart pills, it is a vegan supplement that provides a home remedy for bad smelling gas. It is totally safe to use, it decreases the gas pressure and neutralizes the smell from the gas and makes it even smell pleasant. These are available online, with 60 pills in a bottle.

Other solutions to get rid of gas smell are -

• Eat Slowly and in Smaller Portions:

Eating slowly and in small portions can promote healthy digestion within the body and reduce the amount of smelly gas being produced.

• Avoid Foods Contributing to Bad Smell:

Some foods are the main causes of why you have smelly flatulence. Avoiding foods high in fiber or high in sulfur can help solve this problem.

• Do not hold in your Farts:

Holding in farts can lead to even worse smelling gas. The gas building up in the body can rot further, producing even more smelly flatulence.

• Stay Hydrated:

Drinking plenty of water and staying well-hydrated will cause waste to pass smoothly through the digestive system, resulting in less smelly flatulence buildup.

• Prevent Constipation:

Constipation is often the cause of your body producing bad smelling gas. Staying hydrated and increasing the intake of fiber can help to prevent constipation.

These are a few things which can help you get rid of smelly gas.I hope this information will helpful for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.