Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've just joined and desperate for advice please. I'm sure I have IBS but everywhere I look the symptoms are abdominal pain and alternating bowel movements. I don't have either of these but have terrible nausea which seems to come out of the blue and is followed by pencil thin stools. Last Sunday I had the worst abdominal gas ever. The noise it made going round and round was so loud. Hour after hour.Then I passed "clear liquid" from my back passage which has scared me. What is this??The nausea is really really bad - lasts for hours and hours. I've had 6 children so I do know what nausea is like but this is far far worse than that. Then when I go to the loo the stools are always thin, small, or pencil shaped. When things go back to normal my stools are normal. I've had a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy but nothing untoward was found. Is there ANYONE on here that can identify with this? Everyone I know says they get pain but I don't. the nausea is so bad I can't take it much more. Please reply to me if you can help. Thank you, kind regards, Sarah.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sarah! This is my first post too, and I am so glad to hear that someone else experiences the nausea too (glad because I have company - not because you have to suffer!). Nausea is my most debilitating symptom and I've dealt with it since I was 8 years old, in addition to the cramping/diarrhea/constipation. I often feel nauseous right before a bowel movement and sometimes shortly after. Mostly I just sip water and nibble on ginger snaps to try and get past it but some days I can't leave the house if I'm having a bad day. Sorry I'm not much help, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Welcome to both of you. :(Have either of you tried Ginger capsules for the nausea? I found they really quelled it very well. I had tried Ginger snaps, ale & tea but none of them worked as well as the capsules for me. I bought the Ginger Capsules in my gorcery store in the Vitmain & Supplement aisle.Please check out ALL of our Forums that seem to apply to you & your symptoms for loads more info via the site navigator found at the bottom right of every page.Also don't forget our excellent tabs in ALL 4 (Dark blue, Buff colored, Medium & Light blue) & menu bars above us here.All the best

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you for the welcome :(I have not tried ginger capsules - I have tried ginger tea and snaps, and they help, but it would be really nice to have something effective I can take "on the go". Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to both of you. I've not tried ginger capsules either but will enquire about them at Holland and Barrett but the staff there said they only sold ginger "sweets" - soft chunks - and a ginger ale that wasn't alcoholic. They don't seem to do much good actually but my gp has given me some tablets called cyclizine which do seem quite good. I swallow one quickly when I feel a bit nauseous and it seems to take the nausea away. I'd die if the nausea ever got as bad as last year. It went on for 15 hours - just used to come out of the blue - and I felt like I was always on the point of vomiting but never did. Ugh!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sound like classic IBS.Firstly the clear liquid is mucus. Sometimes it can have a jelly like texture.I too suffer from nausea. I go grey and feel really sick. I feel better after a bowel movement. I dont spasm but mabe the nausea is instead of pain. Bloating and gas is part of everyday life for me.I have constipation and the pencil stools or tiny pellets as you do. Certain foods, stress, lack of sleep will make things worse but I certainly believe that none of these are the cause.This board has many tips to give you ideas to make life better until hopefully someone sorts this curse out.Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can you tell me if your nausea comes out of the blue? I've been awake with nausea all night and tried to make myself sick because it was so bad but i couldn't bring anything up. Two days ago I came over all faint and icy cold and had watery very short stools all day. The nausea was there but bearable. Felt better and went to church Sunday morning but then the nausea came back - no more diarrhoea - and I phoned the doctor in desperation at 2am. I took cyclizine but it didn't really help. Really really bad nausea til 6am then it just stopped!!! Please can anyone identify with this as it really scared me this time? Please write if you can. Thank you.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I would seriously try to calm down as getting upset can only make one feel worse, not better. I responded on your other thread. But this sounded like it was more like a stomach virus.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.