Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, great to have found this site, i feel that i am not alone now. I have ibs since i was 15, i'm now 27, too long! Always had problems with constipation since i was a child, and i still have, I have tried numerous diets, lotions and potions, but i still don't move my bowels for days, i feel that this may contribute to the excessive wind i have. I have extreme wind after everything i eat, it doesn't seem to matter what i eat, its so embarrsing, just wondering if anyone had any issue for me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!I read your post and I think I have a similar problem (in some aspects at least) with more or less severe onsets. I stumbled across this site while looking for some latest info on IBS remedies - I'm on medication and I am IBS-aware but each attack makes me feel even more frustrated and desparate for quick relief (although I must say meds make the worst-of-the-worst attacks come back every month or two instead of every day....). Btw, this is my first "IBS-coming out" on any forum... Anyways, diet IS the key (one of the keys). Pointer: don't hesitate to see the doctor - you will learn of your "no-foods" and "yes-foods". Did you seek advice with your gastroenterologist? They should also give you relevant medication to regulate your bowel movements - without medication the battle is half-won, half-lost. Ive suffered from IBS for 10 years now (the worst problem - "excessive passage" of food - or rather its byproducts, i.e. gas and all that, running though me six times faster than in "normal" poeple) and it's pretty much pain in the ass for me (pain in the gut more specifically:) but there are ways to tone it down, look for them. It's a medical condition not a mental disturbance (though, the brain-gut disease has its roots in psyche, too) - you need to look for the optimal combination of meds & diet and things will look up.Feel encouraged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts