Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! First wanted to say how incredible it is to be able to find so much helpful information on this BB from so many caring people! It sure eases the mind!This may be a given, but I just wanted to point out that regular excercise seems to help me out a lot - if I go to the gym 2 - 3 times a week, I find that I have less symptoms, and the ones I do have are relatively minor. Question - since it takes energy to excersise and energy comes from food, and food is restricted (my biggest joke with my friends is that all I'm really supposed to live on is tofu and bananas!) I'm wondering if anyone can suggest some vitamins or supplements that I could take. I tried calcium recently but stopped taking it after not having a bm for a week - got scared. Can anyone suggest anything, or a web site I could go to for more info on vitamins??Thanks!

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Lint:I take a multi-vitamin, and then extra B6, B12, a B-complex, carotenoid complex, C's and Caltrate Plus (calcium). I also am taking an iron pill since I'm borderline anemic.It would be good for you to get a book on vitamins and read up on what dosages you need, so you don't overdo it. I really think the vitamins help me a lot.Good luck!
JeanG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.