Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone--I havent been on for awhile--we have been moving --you know how that goes! My question is..we have been renovating an old victorian house and my job is the painting..For the past three days I have been up and down bending ect. for hours..It feels like I have done a hundred crunches!! And it seems my IBS has kicked in. For the last three mornings I have had D and aching in my lower left side.. This also happened when I joined a gym and was doing ab work. Does this happen to anyone else? Walking and Gentle exercise is fine, but if I get into very physical work that requires a lot of bending my D comes back. Thanks to the calcium my Ibs has been pretty good of late. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have not experienced this. Recently I have started running again and I feel great. I suspect its a release of the necessary chemicals from the brain. I agree on the calcium. It's been a blessing for me as well. It's been a month since my last attack!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
MM Congrats on the new house. On occasion I can have exercise bring on D.But I will tell you I did have trouble when we were painting too. We were using the less odiferous kind of paint... but I still had more D and this seems to happen any time we paint. I don't even have to be doing the painting.I blamed it on the fumes..
I also take Calcium everyday.Hope you feel better and enjoy your new home!BQ

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know if I've been sedentary for a while when I begin to exercise again I get diarrhea for a couple of days. This has always happened to me. It goes away rather quickly too though. I've been running again for a couple weeks and I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. I also started the calcium and I'm sure it's helping. Take care,Rick

·
Registered
490 Posts
If I'm anxious or have eaten non-'safe' foods, I find exercise can trigger cramps and d. I used to walk 2 miles to uni every day, but sometimes the walk would bring on an attack and i'd have to get a bus straight home again!Having said that, I went on a hiking/climbing trip with a friend last week and was fine (despite carrying a huge rucksack and losing my meds somewhere on the mountain!) Maybe it was because I was relaxed. Also, the weather was cool. Exercising in hot weather is a real trigger for me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Exercise really helps me with the symptoms. It can be painful at first but eventually my intestines/stomach area really calms down. I run or do the elyptical everyday and I do ab exercises every night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.