Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm just wondering whether it's normal to feel really really exhausted if you're having an attack? Or bringing on an attack by being busy? I've just been so tired lately...and it's giving me major mood swings... thanks x

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
A certain amount of "sick and tired of being sick and tired" type of fatigue is pretty normal with any chronic and painful condition.However if your fatigues seems to be more than that it may be worth getting evaluated for other fatigue conditions. IBS and FM go together and those with both will have more fatigue than if you just had IBS.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your replies
I personally think it's above the level of 'normal' fatigue - to the point where getting up and having a shower or going to the supermarket (it's only about 5 mins walk away) drains me. Saying that, on good days I don't have any fatigue at all, but on bad days I struggle to lie in bed and type on my laptop because it takes up too much energy. The thing I'm most worried about is it seems to be getting worse - I wasn't like this a year ago. I seem to be staying at home more and more because a 'normal' level of activity wears me out.I'm just so fed up of going to the doctors now because they never seem to listen. Or do anything.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Frankie, I have been worried about being tired also. I had norovirus (stomach flu) 2 Fridays ago, and I took all last week off of work cause I have been unbelievably tired since having the virus. Even today, I fell asleep shortly after lunch for 3 hours! And I had a full night's sleep. I'm worried cause I have to go back to work tomorrow and I don't know what I'm going to do if I get that tired in the middle of the day.Genie

·
Registered
722 Posts
frankie89If you feel that the exhaustion is that bad,i would go back to the Doctor,maybe you could see a different Doctor and tell them exactly how you are feeling and maybe they could take some blood tests to check there is nothing going on there that is making you so tired.

·
Registered
722 Posts
GenieThese type of stomach flu can take quite a while to recover from.Even with a bout of the flu,it can take me up to 8weeks to fully recover from that.I would give yourself some more time to get over your illness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts