Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an awful reaction today. Man, the "D" hit me so fast. When I went to the washroom, It came in waves. It just wouldn’t stop. Do any of you get mucous mixed in with your stool (Sorry to be so graphic)? Also, once I was done in the washroom, I felt absolutely exhausted. It was like I had lost every last bit of energy down the toilet. Any of you experience this? I just want to understand if I’m alone in this. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Rico, Mucous is a fairly common thing. No you are not alone. I felt as you described after a bout like that. Make sure you get some fluids in you and rest up a bit. You'll probably feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Rico, Mucous is a fairly common thing. No you are not alone. I felt as you described after a bout like that. Make sure you get some fluids in you and rest up a bit. You'll probably feel better soon.BQ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i get loss of energy too and ive lost loadsa weight since i got this stupid thing! Its very embarrassing! Is losing loadsa weight normal??? Kinda scary aa!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, i get loss of energy too and ive lost loadsa weight since i got this stupid thing! Its very embarrassing! Is losing loadsa weight normal??? Kinda scary aa!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nope...you aren't alone in this one. I get the same thing....like the D will NEVER stop!! And I always have the mucous too. Sometimes I "think" I am done with a movement, then all of the sudden there I am-right back on the throne! It's like I feel I am never really "emptied out". I have come so close, so many times to not making it to a restroom in time. And I was wondering if any of you feel this way....it is hard for me to use a public restroom. I am embarrased and think someone will come in on me, then if they do I will sit there and try to hold it till the person leaves. Am I being silly here? I feel this is a very private thing for me to do, so I don't want to even leave the house on one of my bad days. Today I woke up with my tummy and back hurting again..so I took my 2 Bentyl right away and hopefully the pain will ease up. I think this is gonna be one of those "stay at home days"..better make sure I am stocked upon toilet paper
Debra M....in So Calif

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nope...you aren't alone in this one. I get the same thing....like the D will NEVER stop!! And I always have the mucous too. Sometimes I "think" I am done with a movement, then all of the sudden there I am-right back on the throne! It's like I feel I am never really "emptied out". I have come so close, so many times to not making it to a restroom in time. And I was wondering if any of you feel this way....it is hard for me to use a public restroom. I am embarrased and think someone will come in on me, then if they do I will sit there and try to hold it till the person leaves. Am I being silly here? I feel this is a very private thing for me to do, so I don't want to even leave the house on one of my bad days. Today I woke up with my tummy and back hurting again..so I took my 2 Bentyl right away and hopefully the pain will ease up. I think this is gonna be one of those "stay at home days"..better make sure I am stocked upon toilet paper
Debra M....in So Calif

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey, many times i haven't made it to the bathroom on time! thank GOD it was at home or in the car! and yes, it's quite embarassing! after 13 years of this i still haven't found a "pattern" or any kind of piece of mind! so, i just try to bear it, yeah, many days i'd love to stay at home and just relax but this isn't possible! i take my antidirrheals and go with the flow. the more i tried to fight the urge the worse it got, you can't hold it in so there's nothing to do but, go. this is my body and i have special needs. if people don't like it refuse to understand well, that's their problem.

·
Registered
169 Posts
hey, many times i haven't made it to the bathroom on time! thank GOD it was at home or in the car! and yes, it's quite embarassing! after 13 years of this i still haven't found a "pattern" or any kind of piece of mind! so, i just try to bear it, yeah, many days i'd love to stay at home and just relax but this isn't possible! i take my antidirrheals and go with the flow. the more i tried to fight the urge the worse it got, you can't hold it in so there's nothing to do but, go. this is my body and i have special needs. if people don't like it refuse to understand well, that's their problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Non of u are alone! I hate when you feel like you still have to keep going, I would rather keep going. After I go about 4 time in a row, thats when I get the feeling I need to go more and can't. The past month I have not had a flair up, I have quit all my dairy in my diet. If thats what was causing me to have severe "D" for 10 years, I will kill myself..lol....I am on Levsin,caltrate 600 and buspar, I hope I stay calm so I can enjoy some more freedom, this is the first time I can go shopping or out to eat with no fear in 10 years!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Non of u are alone! I hate when you feel like you still have to keep going, I would rather keep going. After I go about 4 time in a row, thats when I get the feeling I need to go more and can't. The past month I have not had a flair up, I have quit all my dairy in my diet. If thats what was causing me to have severe "D" for 10 years, I will kill myself..lol....I am on Levsin,caltrate 600 and buspar, I hope I stay calm so I can enjoy some more freedom, this is the first time I can go shopping or out to eat with no fear in 10 years!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts