Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my doctor has prescribed me Dicetel 50mg only, and told me to take 2 in a good day, 3 in a not so good day, and hopefully with that and some OTC pain killer will do. Seriously these doctors just don't get it when I said severe pain, I feel that they don't understand what "severe" means. I double dose myself, I take 100mg sometimes twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. Because she only prescribed me 50mg, I run out of prescription all the time. It seems to work ok for a while, for a few months I still have painful episode but it is mild to moderate, not at all dying pain. But now this doesn't seem to work anymore. I just have a severe episode last week, it lasted for 10 hours! I was dying
. Since then I haven't been able to eat anything! I mean anything... I ate a jello I feel full and nauseous, I feel batter had a piece of toast I feel full and nauseous. I drink a glass of water and I feel nauseous! Anyway, I still try to eat as much as I can just to stay awake and have some energy to survive the day. But everytime I eat anything now, I am scare of having another episode. I also found that my episode comes in about 2 hours after I eat. It use to be much earlier, like 30 mins or so.Any of you are taking Dicetel? How does it work for you? I think 100mg 3 times a day is the maximum dose.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I started out pretty much like yourself.What made a big difference for me was:MOTILIUM- for nausea and also helps with painL-ORNITHINE- for the painThese things really work, at least in my case, and I had 24/7 stabbing burning abdominal pain and couldn't eat a thing!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts