Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I've had a long history of IBS C. Recently, I have developed itchy eyelids and a rash on the lids and around the eyes. They are also swollen and a bit discolored. I have wondered if there is any connection between GI symptoms and this rash? My doctors are having a heck of a time diagnosing it. I was told to change laundry soaps, use Dove, etc. thinking it might be a contact dermatitis. But I still wonder since my IBS has acted up in the past few months, increase of bowel mucus, etc. could there be a relationship here? If anyone knows or has an idea, please let me know. Thanks,

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently watched an episode of a medical show where a woman got rashes and swelling on her eyelids. Not to say that this is what you have, but the cause for her was an autoimmune disorder. The occurrences would happen around the time of her menstural cycle. She was having a reaction to progesterone; as the levels increased in her body.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is it possible that you could have Candida? I ask because eczema of the eyelids is a symptom of Candida. I had this, and spent a miserable time reducing my Candida overgrowth - and now the eyelid eczema has gone.On a practical note a cream which worked for me was Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. It's very very thick (like herbal-smelling Vaseline jelly). It's full of herbs and works really well. It's quite expensive, but you can go to the Elizabeth Arden counter at your department store and ask for a little sample. You only need a tiny amount: about 1/2 a little fingernail's worth.N x

·
Registered
205 Posts
I get something called blepharitis, which messes up my eyelids. It doesn't sound exactly like what you have but you may want to rule it out. Basically you get oily build up which causes burning, itching, flaking and it can be controlled with regular cleaning of the eyelids.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.