Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a bit confused by the new setup here and would appreciate clarification from Jeff or one of the moderators. I see things in the Facebook feed, and at first I thought they were on this site's Facebook page, which I "Like" in Facebook terms. But they are not, so are they from the Facebook pages of individual members?I saw something I liked and was able to click on it. I saw that it had been shared by X people and thought about sharing it, but there was no button to do so. So I logged out of my username for this site and logged in with my Facebook credentials, but then immediately the Facebook application message came up requesting that I give this site access to all my Facebook data, friends, posting my wall etc. I'm not even sure if doing that would allow me to share that one link. With all due respect to all, I'm not prepared to give this site access to everything. Am I misunderstanding something? Is there another way to share things from the Facebook feed to my wall other than manually cutting and pasting links?Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Our new connection to Facebook is quite new to us too, so there may be some growing pains initially.Our understanding is that if you login in with your Facebook username, even if you have a member name on the IBSgroup forums, it will allow you to link the two together. This will allow you to "Like" and "Share" postings from the IBSgroup website to your Facebook profile/news feed page.Facebook will ask you to allow IBSgroup.org to access your Facebook account. This is strictly in order for the IBSgroup forums to post to your Facebook and to look to see if any of your Facebook friends have already "Liked" a posting on the forums. We are not aware of the forums using any other Facebook data for any other purposes. I believe Facebook allows you to specify what a remote site can access in your profile. You can view those settings on Facebook on your Account -> Privacy Settings.We are not aware of any other way to post information from the IBSgroup.org forums to your Facebook account other than through this mechanism. You could always cut/paste links manually if you are uncomfortable with allowing IBSgroup to access your Facebook account.Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts