Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done a lot of fainting in the last year. My most embarassing moment was while picking up donuts one early Sunday morning. I had just paid and told the counter guy that I wasn't feeling too well and that I was just going to lean against his counter. Next thing I know I'm sitting in a chair. Then I wake up on the floor. There's napkins with blood all over them, but it didn't register. I have Addison's and fainting is a sign that I need an emergency shot and I kept trying to say that I have no adrenal glands. The older gentlemen in the stord told me they had called the ambulance and they ran to my car for my meds, but couldn't find my shot. I described it further (in slurry language) and they brought it to me, but I couldn't figure out, in my fuzzy head, if it was okay to pull down my overalls to give a shot in my thigh. Then the ambulance arrived. I ended up with eight stitches for a slash across my head. I haven't been back into the donut shop
What I've learned is that if you're in a public place, bend down like you're tying your shoe - get as low to the ground as you can. Get your head lower to the ground. If you're on the toilet (I have toilet passing out story too), put your head as low to the ground as you can. If you make a mess, it can be cleaned!! Never be embarassed about what happens, it's beyond your control. It's horrifying when it happens to you, but things like this happen to people everyday and nobody will judge you for it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.