Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone let me know if it matters if you fall asleep during a session (and your machine does not stop) and you are already listening to the second recording when you wake?Whenever I do the session, I tend to get so relaxed that I sleep. No problem when the session is the last one on the cd, but when it's the first one, there is no way I can stop it, but I can have the same session repeat itself.Problems with this??Thanks for any input.-------------------Well, Mike says in the booklet not to listen ahead of schedule to the next session, and also, if possible, if you want to re-listen to the same session twice in a day to allow 6 hours between the two listenings. So that let's out repeating the same session. It's not that it's going to "hurt" you, it's just that the sessions and schedule have been worked out over several years to provide the best results.Here are a few options, some of which may have been discussed, but I am in a time crunch, so not reading thru all. First option, of which I personally recommend, is to get a CD player like the walkman type with headphones,(there are ones out there that aren't too bad expense wise) that have on the menu options to set what tracks to play, of course this involves more spending, but it is the best option. I also use the headphones to help focus the sound, and to further help, I put on a small room fan for white noise; works great. (just my own thing I do, not required!)OK, next option, is to take the CD and burn a copy of the first track only, on your computer.... for each of the CDs, so Track One (Session Two) off of CD Two and Track One (Session Four) off of CD Three (CD one is intro,and session one, so not needed there.) So you would have Original CD 1, then Original CD 2, and your burned CD for only the first track, then orginal CD 3 and the burned first track for that.A total of five CDs, but that would solve it.Going from CD to tape requires of course, a tape deck unless you just play to a microphone, but then you get bad sound quality compared to going with line in/out. With tapes, you gotta rewind, and that is a hassle, and they wear out.As far as changing your time of listening, Mike says he has found that it's best to do it when you feel most relaxed and not pressured. Everyone is different in this, but it has been found that most do it before sleep just because it helps you to sleep; it is better to do the sessions according to the best time for you, rather than adjust your time of listening at the mercy of the player, but if all else fails, then this may be an option for you.Take care! ~ Marilyn~Helping Mike to Help Others~

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.