Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have another question for you. I was diagnosed with ibs about 12 yrs ago, only occasional bouts mostly nausea ab pain and vomiting. My husband has ulcerative colitus. Now my daughter has been diagnosed with ibs, severe ab pain, some d, nausea and some vomiting. Do any of you have family histories?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My father always had stomach problems but never a name for them. My sister and I both has IBS

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have no family history. My parents and both my brother and sister have no ibs problems. My brother and father have terrible dietary habits with no digestive sysptoms. Just watching them eat and drink sends me to the bathroom. I hate attending family functions because of this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My grandma was always complaining that her pantyhose(or anything with a tight waist)gave her gas!
My mom used to go for weeks on end and NOT go to the bathroom, and sometimes she would announce that cinnamon or salad just "didn't agree" with her. My father "goes" at least 5-6 times EVERY day!
And, my sister knows where every public restroom is from Florida to California. She and I talk about our bathroom habits, and sometimes we'll have to hang up the phone to use the facilities. Unreal.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Both my parents had problems with C as do my sister and I. My brother was the only one to escape the "curse".------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
My mom and my one son both have the gas problem but mine is the worst of the three. If any other relatives had it they weren't talking about it.------------------Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
My dad is very much a C type. It's a big deal to him to be able to go to the bathroom. He actually comes out with a huge smile on his face. My mother always had stomach aches but that could have been her version of "not tonight, I have a headache" because they always seemed to come at night. My brother had as a child what they called a nervous stomach. Anything, even a trip to a relatives house, would send him to the bathroom. You should have seen him getting ready to go to Riverview Park or out to the lake! I don't know if he had any D but he certainly could vomit! Now I notice that my son is becoming quite the Pepto Bismol swiggler. He has complained of chronic D after eating Toxic Hell (taco bell). You'd think he'd stay away from it. My dad also has ulcers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My mother, brother and I all have IBS. My brother and I are D- me much more severe then he. Mom had D when she was younger, but now has C. Both my children have urgent needs to go quickly- with loose stools- but no pain YET! ------------------Here's to pain free days!SandiIBS/D For 20+ years

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have IBS, Diverticula, heartburn and have had an ulcer. My mother has a slight case of IBS and Diverticula. My older sister had Colitis and my younger sister has alot of heartburn and thinks she is developing Diverticula...I have aunts and cousins with some or all of these problems also...all are on my mothers side of the family!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.