Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All Just wanted to share this with you! I have suffered with IBS for over 15years...it comes and goes and basically I just get used to living with it! However, this time around I've had a particularly bad flare up which has lasted almost 3 wks. I was really bloated most of the time, loose bowel movements, pain.....the usual! It was really making me miserable. I tried watching what I eat so I cut down on sugar, wheat and milk and started taking aloe vera juice, but none of this really made a significant difference and I couldn't get it under control. So I thought I'd go down the alternative therapy route and booked an appointment with a local reiki master. Am I glad I did. The difference it made to me instantly was just amazing!!! As she worked on me, she explained that my trouble was in the descending colon and pointed out the area in which I'd been feeling most discomfort. I could actually feel the bloatedness and discomfort that I'd been experiencing just fade away. It was really relaxing and I will not hesitate to go back again should I get this bad a flare up again. I just wish I'd made the appointment sooner. I also felt much more energised and back to feeling like me again. I just thought that you might like to know my results as in case any of you would want to consider it for yourselves.ThanksJo. x

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi Jo,So glad you have found this amazing practice. Reiki is something I was first introduced to 15+ years ago when I was in my worst Inflammatory Bowel Disease flare-up of my life. Nothing else was working to ease my physical symptoms or emotional angst and a friend in Arizona suggested Reiki. This was back in the day when I thought all this homeopathic stuff was just a bunch of woo-woo nonsense. Then I tried it. Did it cure me? No. Did it help my symptoms? yes, a bit, enough to make me feel a little more energetic, to have the pain subside a tad, and to help me feel like there was light at the end of the dark tunnel I was in. Three years later I, too, was and still am a Reiki Master. I treat myself, my family, and my friends. There are no promises of curing illness, but the energy realignment that Reiki does is powerful and helpful. So, congratulations on taking this step and finding something that has helped you if even just a bit.Cheers,Elizabeth

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.