Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I'm new here and looking for answers to my many questions. I have suffered with diarrhea for the past 7 months, I've had my kidneys xrayed, my uterus checked (I have PCOD), tons of blood work and a colonoscopy last Thursday. During this the doc found a inch and half polyp and removed it. He also did 3 separate biopsies..still waiting on results. He stated he feels this is IBS. I am 38 and have never had stomach problems in my life, until 7 months ago. It can get so bad, I'm on the john 8 or 9 times a day , and I can't control it. I'm afraid to leave the house and if I have to go, I give myself an hour in the morning to clear my gut out...then I will not drink or eat anything 'till I'm back home. I also have terrible, noisy cramps and a very bloated stomach. Since the colonoscopy, the diarrhea has improved to 3 or 4 times a day and the pain is much better..almost gone. My main problem is the swelling of all my joints. I'm flexible in the morning and ready to go..but by 5 pm,I'm so stiff its hard to get around and I can't even open a water bottle! One of my blood tests showed an inflammatory marker?..my regular doc said it looked like arthritis. My GI doc said the marker just showed up because I'm fat ( I am about 50 pounds overweight, but have lost 15 pounds in the last 6 months, flows right out of me!). These bone and muscle pains are also new to me, never had them before the diarrhea. I'm taking Advil at night now, but they don't really help much. What's good for the joint and swelling pain and is this being caused by the IBS? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.