Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flux: what do you know about this?I would really like some feed back on this, even from you yeast addicts. Is this for real?This is the outfit that 'toots the horn' of Fecal Infusion. Interestingly, it is located DOWN UNDER
.***** http://www.probiotictherapy.com/ *****They say if works for IBS in most patients. Regardless of your problem (C type, D type, etc.) It restores normal gut flora, and then your good to go.dro

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
I don't know of anyone who has tried. flux mentioned it a couple of years ago. I was very tempted by it
, anything to get rid of this gas problem! Then I figured I was fructose intolerant and there was something wrong with the transporter of the enzyme and it would probably not help me.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I presume you've seen this info on the website. What more do you want me to tell you? Do you want to know the gory details? I did it myself at home in Ireland under supervision from the Clinic in Australia. It was a pretty unpleasant experience, not that that would matter if it had worked. I'm not all that keen on describing it, but if you really want to know I'll tell you.Human probiotic infusions (HPIs) use normal healthy human flora suspensions to overcome pathogenic bacteria.The use of healthy human flora appears to be the most effective probiotic treatment available today.Healthy human flora can act as a broad-spectrum antibiotic.HPI therapy involves the infusion of a filtrate of healthy human donor faeces into the bowel of the patient so delivering good bacteria.The infusion is repeated for at least 5 days.The therapy includes a special low fibre diet prior to infusion and a course of antibiotics to kill off as many bad bacteria as possible before infusion, aiming to 'sterilising' the bowel.Sterilisation of the bowel prior to infusion gives the newly introduced 'good' bacteria a better chance of implanting and re-populating.Preparation also includes a bowel wash-out prior to infusion (orthostatic lavage).Infusions can be done via:colonoscopyenemanaso-jejunal tube

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
They made a formal report in the literature a while ago reporting good results, although it wasn't really clear what problems their patients really had. I suspect at least some had been misdiagnosed with IBS, but had something else going on (presumably, dysbiosis). Dysbiosis is difficult to diagnose. C. dif is well-known, of course. Excess gas production has been documented, but it appears to be very rare, There are also uncommon parasitic infections. There is no evidence that any fungus can cause a problem that would require this as you might have guessed based on recent discussion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Loulou thats a big
....why is it that this person is always under attack from one person or another??...She clearly states in her posts that her program works for HER that she tried different approaches and her only relief is through what shes doing now...I for one have found MANY of my symptoms being alleviated following her approach.

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
Hey, I think I want one!...thanks for the support Rene. I wish I could say I'm healed but I am not. The bloating, gas, and cramps are gone but I am have to work very hard to keep some "pathogen" at bay and also to keep my epithelial (????) immune cells from spasing out upon contact to food. If I ever get it completely figured out I'll let you know. I just ordered VSL#3 --6 boxes today. 450 billion (billion not million) live bacteria per packet!!! Hope it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.