Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,Am feeling really tearful this morning.Am a lady of 52 and for the past year and a half have been suffering with awful diarrea - especially in the mornings but can hit at any time of day out of the blue.I work and really hate using the loo a work because its soooooo embarrasing.Its got to the stage now that I am hating going out 'just incase' I suddenly need the loo.I dont mean to be crude but once I get the urge to go its almost like I cant hold it and need to go like NOW.I have never had problems like these in my life before.I am undergoing tests and going to be tested for coeliacs although I changed my diet and cut out dairy and gluten - I was really strict and it cut down the amount of times I was going but still I had the diarrea.I found your forum in the week and went out and got the calcium - 600calcium - no magnesium- pls vitamin d.Am taking one with each meal and for 2 days I thought Yes this is it it really helped - but today I got up and have been 3 times in an hour and a half - first time ok and then diarrea again.Also had a period for the first time in 18 months - doc said I am peri menopausal.Three years ago I went through an immense amount of stress unyet had no problems with my bowels at that time.Couldnt sleep but my bowels were fine!!I am in a lovely new relationship now with a very understanding man but its really getting me down now.Tonight we are going to a party and I just feel like hibernating in bed in tears with my hot water bottle and a magazine on my own.Any ideas ladies - or men .Thanks for listening as I know there are probably a lot of people with a lot worse problems than mine.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Everyone,Am feeling really tearful this morning.Am a lady of 52 and for the past year and a half have been suffering with awful diarrea - especially in the mornings but can hit at any time of day out of the blue.I work and really hate using the loo a work because its soooooo embarrasing.Its got to the stage now that I am hating going out 'just incase' I suddenly need the loo.I dont mean to be crude but once I get the urge to go its almost like I cant hold it and need to go like NOW.I have never had problems like these in my life before.I am undergoing tests and going to be tested for coeliacs although I changed my diet and cut out dairy and gluten - I was really strict and it cut down the amount of times I was going but still I had the diarrea.I found your forum in the week and went out and got the calcium - 600calcium - no magnesium- pls vitamin d.Am taking one with each meal and for 2 days I thought Yes this is it it really helped - but today I got up and have been 3 times in an hour and a half - first time ok and then diarrea again.Also had a period for the first time in 18 months - doc said I am peri menopausal.Three years ago I went through an immense amount of stress unyet had no problems with my bowels at that time.Couldnt sleep but my bowels were fine!!I am in a lovely new relationship now with a very understanding man but its really getting me down now.Tonight we are going to a party and I just feel like hibernating in bed in tears with my hot water bottle and a magazine on my own.Any ideas ladies - or men .Thanks for listening as I know there are probably a lot of people with a lot worse problems than mine.
Welcome debcoral! I found that for about a week after starting calcium I had terrible bloating and wind, but it seemed to settle down. Don't give up, I'm sure it really helps.My husband died three and a half years ago, and for the first year, yes I mourned and missed him terribly, but was able to go on holiday with my daughter and visit family and friends, bowels absolutely fine, but after a year I started with ibs, and still have it now., so, like you, it takes time to kick in after a trauma.I'm not too bad now, the calcium helps, but I get bad days when the urgency comes back and I'm once again scared to go anywhere. I usually find that after the morning "rush" or "rushes" I'm ok unless I do something silly like eating the wrong thing for lunch or dinner, in my case things like raw carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, sprouts, that kind of thing, all of which I love!!I hope you get on well with the calcium, let us know how you are doing. This forum is ace for chatting with people who aren't one bit grossed out by bowel talk!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
You could try using Imodium to help with situations in which you might feel at risk of sudden D. Take one an hour before going to eg. a party or on a day trip. It really makes you safe from D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.