Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,Am feeling really tearful this morning.Am a lady of 52 and for the past year and a half have been suffering with awful diarrea - especially in the mornings but can hit at any time of day out of the blue.I work and really hate using the loo a work because its soooooo embarrasing.Its got to the stage now that I am hating going out 'just incase' I suddenly need the loo.I dont mean to be crude but once I get the urge to go its almost like I cant hold it and need to go like NOW.I have never had problems like these in my life before.I am undergoing tests and going to be tested for coeliacs although I changed my diet and cut out dairy and gluten - I was really strict and it cut down the amount of times I was going but still I had the diarrea.I found your forum in the week and went out and got the calcium - 600calcium - no magnesium- pls vitamin d.Am taking one with each meal and for 2 days I thought Yes this is it it really helped - but today I got up and have been 3 times in an hour and a half - first time ok and then diarrea again.Also had a period for the first time in 18 months - doc said I am peri menopausal.Three years ago I went through an immense amount of stress unyet had no problems with my bowels at that time.Couldnt sleep but my bowels were fine!!I am in a lovely new relationship now with a very understanding man but its really getting me down now.Tonight we are going to a party and I just feel like hibernating in bed in tears with my hot water bottle and a magazine on my own.Any ideas ladies - or men .Thanks for listening as I know there are probably a lot of people with a lot worse problems than mine.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.