Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see nausea listed anywhere as one of the symptoms. Does anyone else suffer from this during an attack of IBS??

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes quite a few of us do. I tend to take motilium (on an occasional basis) which I find works well. I also take ginger (crystalised, biscuits or ginger beer) - just like people do for morning sickness with some sucess....

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes quite a few of us do. I tend to take motilium (on an occasional basis) which I find works well. I also take ginger (crystalised, biscuits or ginger beer) - just like people do for morning sickness with some sucess....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hiya, i'm new hear and am relieved to read that other people are nauseaus too (sorry all). I just presumed it was anxiety relating to IBS-d. I find sipping peppermint tea helps, strangely sometimes minty chewing gum. Oh and carrying an empty ice cream container in the car is most reasurring!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hiya, i'm new hear and am relieved to read that other people are nauseaus too (sorry all). I just presumed it was anxiety relating to IBS-d. I find sipping peppermint tea helps, strangely sometimes minty chewing gum. Oh and carrying an empty ice cream container in the car is most reasurring!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys :)Sorry, should have said: Hi! I'm new here!Just stumbled across this place after years of suffering in relative silence. Went to docs about 6 months ago about the nausea and he...wait for it...referred me to a psychiatrist! I really thought I was going mad! So relived to hear others get it too! Sorry, that sounds horrible doesn't it! You know what I mean.Thanks again. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys :)Sorry, should have said: Hi! I'm new here!Just stumbled across this place after years of suffering in relative silence. Went to docs about 6 months ago about the nausea and he...wait for it...referred me to a psychiatrist! I really thought I was going mad! So relived to hear others get it too! Sorry, that sounds horrible doesn't it! You know what I mean.Thanks again. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
455 Posts
YesI take peppermint quite a lot anyway (it helps with "c" -combined with magnesium- and I should have said that I always have (real peppermint oil) mints around.. M&S do some nice mints (crumbly ones) that contain peppermint oil. The trouble is I can eat a (big) packet in one go almost!

·
Registered
455 Posts
YesI take peppermint quite a lot anyway (it helps with "c" -combined with magnesium- and I should have said that I always have (real peppermint oil) mints around.. M&S do some nice mints (crumbly ones) that contain peppermint oil. The trouble is I can eat a (big) packet in one go almost!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am for one has definate nausea on a regular basis...don't really know if it's IBS related ar anxiety related..and i know it's probably both...i find that breathing deeply and just trying to avert my thoughts elsewhere tend to help sometimes..seeing that I am an emetophobic does not help at all. That is my biggest fear and when I do get nauseas...i totally freak out...however usually when i do it does not last for a long period...just breifly and that helps...if anyone has any suggestions for help...feel free...Kat

·
Registered
288 Posts
I am for one has definate nausea on a regular basis...don't really know if it's IBS related ar anxiety related..and i know it's probably both...i find that breathing deeply and just trying to avert my thoughts elsewhere tend to help sometimes..seeing that I am an emetophobic does not help at all. That is my biggest fear and when I do get nauseas...i totally freak out...however usually when i do it does not last for a long period...just breifly and that helps...if anyone has any suggestions for help...feel free...Kat

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im from Canada and M&S closed all of its stores here years ago. Could you please send me some
I loved that store, especailly their wine gums. I so miss it. Guess i will have to make a trip to the UK!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Im from Canada and M&S closed all of its stores here years ago. Could you please send me some
I loved that store, especailly their wine gums. I so miss it. Guess i will have to make a trip to the UK!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts