Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Hi,I feel really sad. I have been so good for the last 2 years and beginning to get back to my old self, more confidence and actually enjoying life more. Then BAM out of no-where I have been really bad this week. It's a week today and each days it getting worse and worse, to the point that I'm now panicking like mad about work and what if it's back for another decade. I had diarrhea every single day for years and I'm so worried that this is it - back again. I don't know what caused it. I haven't been stressed or anything and I really thought I had cracked it this time. The only thing any different is that I had the flu a few weeks ago and was in bed for a week and felt terrible. Stopping the pill has given me 2 years free of symptoms. I just need to talk to other people with this as I have to talk to someone.I knew it was coming as I had a lower back ache and I even said to my mum, tummy probs are on their way. How right I was, 2 days later bingo. I've lost weight in a week, feel absolutely shattered and so miserable now. I don't think it's a stomach virus as it has gradually got worse through the week. To start with it was just soft but today back to being not formed at all. Trouble is I get such dreadful back aches that last for days after having a bout of diarrhea so had backache for over a week. Sorry to ramble but I just wanted to have a cry and let it all out with someone. Thanks for listening to me. It's just I'm feeling very sorry for myself at the moment, and my normally understanding boss - hasn't been so understanding, about me being late for work. What can you do? Thanks for allowing me to get it all out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I can relate, going thru the same thing now. Like you, I've had a setback. All it takes is one stomach bug or major stress to set us back after years of improvement. Hang in there, keep telling yourself this will not last and you will be back to yourself. Take it easy with your diet to settle the stomach, maybe take a probiotic. I always joke to my husband one step forward only to take 2 steps back, but the truth is that we have it in us to get back on track. Relax, take some time off from work if you can. But defianately keep telling yourself that things will get better, not worse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand your pain... I am gonna fly out of this country or take a flight after 4 years due to my IBS... I thought I cud do it since I was feeling better and now just 1 week for the flight to go and here I am sitting with diarrea and cramping and gas....all has to happen JUST when you think you are fine.I PRAY PRAY PRAY to god that there is a cure for this blessed disease

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been feeling the same way today...I thought I had it figured out with eliminating high fructose corn syrup (or, at least, cutting back), and something has set it off. The unpredictability is what is so depressing...makes us fearful all the time.I'm thinking I may need to stop eating altogether!Hang in there!

·
Registered
391 Posts
I feel for you too Claire, just when I think I'm ok again, back it comes. This time the trigger was the anniversary of my husband's death, it started a week before the day, on the day it was a nightmare, and it's still bad now. I know I will get better soon, but when you're living through it it seem endless.Try to keep your chin up, I know the weather doesn't help, it's forecast snow again at the weekend, just to add to our misery. I have never known it so cold here in Cornwall!Big mistake yesterday, I baked a lovely vegetable pie, it was so tasty that I ate half of it for lunch, and of course in the evening and even this morning I've been running to the loo. Stuffing myself with calcium, Kalms and if it doesn't ease off I shall take an Immodium. Oh what a jolly life we lead.All the bestEve

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi claire, i was told by a couple of dr.s that you dont lose weight with ibs.hopefully its still the bug in you,so keep the faith.it may stop for you.i gained weight with ibs.i wish you did lose weight with it.at least get something out of all that misery.hang in there.good luck peggy

·
Registered
414 Posts
HI everyone, Thanks for the kind words. Hi to peaches from the same county as me. Do you know I have never met another person with this so nice to know there is somebody else so close.I think I do need to try and think positive but it is so hard but I will try my best. I'm pretty sure it's not a bug and I always lost lots of weight with the diarrhea. Only had for a week and can already fit in a pair of trousers that I couldn't do up for a few months. At the moment I'm currently a 16 as been so good for the last couple of years that I've really eaten and been able to enjoy my food. With the ibs I got down to a size 8 and looked too thin really, so I know that I always lose weight very quickly. Been ok today but back ache back so I'm majorly panicking now as have work in the morning and I just know it'sbound to kick up then. What can you do. Anyway thanks so much for all your kind responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts