Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This syndrom is definitely really strange...since I started acupuncture and Prozac, my D is getting a lot better....but I still have a lot of unpainful cramps and rabbit stools..;really strange...I feel really tired some days...I feel like falling asleep evan after a 9-hour sleep...Among the weird syndroms, I also sometimes pee without any pressure and have some problems to get a good erection....and some times, I have cold hands and feet...which I never experienced before this weird stuff started one year ago...I passed all the standard exams (coloscopy, gastroscopy, brain scanner, magnetic resonance,...) and they did not find anything......

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Don't most antidepressant-type drugs have sexual side effects? I'm on a really low dose of Elavil but it has definately toned down my libido. It also makes me feel groggy for most of the day and will make me consitpated if I don't take fiber supplements. Maybe it's all side effects of your medications, like me?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Don't most antidepressant-type drugs have sexual side effects? I'm on a really low dose of Elavil but it has definately toned down my libido. It also makes me feel groggy for most of the day and will make me consitpated if I don't take fiber supplements. Maybe it's all side effects of your medications, like me?

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
Look into all the mechanisms of serotonin and how it relates to the gut,moods, sleep, sex,etc.. prozac can be on the powerful side for some also.have you had your thyroid checked?

·
Registered
23,788 Posts
Look into all the mechanisms of serotonin and how it relates to the gut,moods, sleep, sex,etc.. prozac can be on the powerful side for some also.have you had your thyroid checked?

G

·
Cold hand and feet are signs of muscle tension. This is what is causing your problems. Your fight or flight is out of wack. You need to start performing skilled relaxation 2 times a day for 20 minutes. A series of 10 rolfing sessions will take care of this. Biofeedback even shows that when your hands and feet are cold your muscle are tense. Blood flows from your hands and feet and digestive system into larger muscles. Ever experience butterflys in your stomach when there is no need to really be nervious? This is the main reason why people suffer from IBS. You need to start SR asap to prevent this from getting worse. Healing IBS starts here. With an unrefined diet and exercise you'll feel so much better in about 4 weeks.

G

·
Cold hand and feet are signs of muscle tension. This is what is causing your problems. Your fight or flight is out of wack. You need to start performing skilled relaxation 2 times a day for 20 minutes. A series of 10 rolfing sessions will take care of this. Biofeedback even shows that when your hands and feet are cold your muscle are tense. Blood flows from your hands and feet and digestive system into larger muscles. Ever experience butterflys in your stomach when there is no need to really be nervious? This is the main reason why people suffer from IBS. You need to start SR asap to prevent this from getting worse. Healing IBS starts here. With an unrefined diet and exercise you'll feel so much better in about 4 weeks.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Hey Sprout...
Did the "weird symptoms" START after you wnet on the prozac or where they there before?If they began after, perhaps discuss it with your doc, and he may be able to provide an alternative for you which will give you the same benefits with less side effects, as Eric's point is well take. Individual susceptibility and response to different antidepressants is quite variable.Anyway, I am outta material....Happy NYMNL

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Hey Sprout...
Did the "weird symptoms" START after you wnet on the prozac or where they there before?If they began after, perhaps discuss it with your doc, and he may be able to provide an alternative for you which will give you the same benefits with less side effects, as Eric's point is well take. Individual susceptibility and response to different antidepressants is quite variable.Anyway, I am outta material....Happy NYMNL

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
First of all, happy New Year to all of you !All the weird symptoms started before I went on the Prozac...thid drug only reduces them..but I feel they're always there...slight pain in the stomach and pelvis, heavy head and dizziness, recurrent D but nor regular, strange stools (watery or rabbit like...), fatigue, mictions without a lot of pression, pain behind the eyes, etc....Really weird..all started one year ago after an ordinary viral infection (gastro-flu or something like that...)..I even went into depression last year...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.