Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all have been here when I was feeling blue and posting how bad I felt and asking all my questions, at the time I though I would never feel better. But I am glad to say finally that I seem to be doing better. Gallbladder was taking out in August, 8 months later I can say I have improved and doing better, thought I would never be able to say that. My tummy, heart, bowels are doing great. I still have my days, but they come far in between. If I get the C, I eat like green beans and that will take care of it. I get the D every so often and it will last for a few days but it is not coming as much as it was. Out of the D, C and R(regular) right now I am having more regular
I think what has help me the most is my diet that I am on. I been on this diet for months. I also took a round of acidflex and then went back on pepcid, and when I found out that gas was what was making my heart to flutter I would take mylanta every time it would do that after I would eat and it would stop the flutters. Now I don't take any medication for my stomach unless I get gas really bad and that don't happen much or if my heart flutters I just will take mylanta. I still don't eat high fats foods. I went back to the GI doc and he said to stay on my diet, said I look good, weight was fine(don't need to lose no more but in my weight range) that it was a healthy diet and it was helping, said all people should eat like I am..lol said I could have some pizza every once in a while and I had some tonite
I don't have to have no more test done(no endioscopy, yipee) but they are going to keep an eye on me. I don't know if this is a temporary thing for me or not, but I am just hoping with the diet I stuck too and meds I took has calmed my Ibs and stomach down and that my body is adjusting to not having a gallbladder better
I might not never be able to eat at Long Johns again or places like that but I eat healthy and as long as the strictive diet I am on helps, I will stick to it. I just wonder how many of you all are on a strict diet? Because I believe that is what has helped me the most! God Bless you all.

G

·
Glad you are feeling better. I am also on a strict diet and am feeling a little better but too soon to say if I've found my culprits. I have been avoiding wheat bran and dairy and avoiding all junk food. My symptoms seem to be getting better and that means I'm taking less meds(yeah!). Like you, these boards have given me a wealth of info, the hardest part was weeding through the mass of info and finding out what works for me. Wishing health and happiness....Laura

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Lady! SO GLAD TO HEAR IT!!!!Wishing you a beautiful Spring!!!! & Continued success!!
BQ

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
LadyM - it took me over a yr for my D to settle down after g/b surgery, but it does happen! I am mostly regular now except for minor disturbances when I eat a really high fat meal or stuff too much in one sitting. Congratluations on being "R"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.