Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! For those who feel like they just can't go on, just remember one thing... we are human beings, the greatest gift of God! He made us with flaws....maybe to test our strength. The stronger we are, the happier we are, so BE STRONG! If I am feeling really down about this, I always think of how lucky we are really. Some people don't even have the choice to live....like innocent children in third world countries who are staving or dying of a disease. Aren't we lucky to JUST have IBS? We have the choice to live, and that's what I choose to do, and to the fullest. Sure, I still get nervous around because of my stomach, but I know these are things we can BEAT. The mind is so very powerful... if we can make ourselves sick though our minds, we can make ourselves better through our minds. So keep on chugging down the railway of life, ladies and gentleman!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Dear Brock:You are so right! It's sooo much more productive to count your blessings. I've been down for weeks now, functioning okay, but really feeling sorry for myself. I was in tears to my husband last night. But I know that "self-pity leads to self-destruction."Thanx for the reminder.much love and light to you, m-

·
Registered
459 Posts
Actually, God didnt make us with flaws, he made us perfect, and Adam and Eve kind of screwed that up. You know, its easy to think good thoughts if you are mentally well, but for us with depression, its hard to think "happy thoughts". Thats a big problem I have sometimes. But we all have our problems that we have to deal with, and in our own way.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my point is that IBS is not the end of the world... i find that for me, it's the only way to deal with it....thinking about worse situations.... so yes, we all have flaws, doesn't matter how, but we do
so just live is all i'm saying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I also have been feeling down and mad at myself for having IBS problems and than I think "you fool - shape up and think it could be something totally worst than this" But I guess we do deserve a break down time and maybe need to get it out of our system.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I agree that we are lucky that its "just IBS" and not something serious BUT in my experience especially when it flares up for a long time, saying that, though true, doesn't really help me too much. For some of us IBS by its chronicness can be debilitating, depressing and affect the quality of our lives and when it kicks in you can only be glad that its not something worse for just so long. Just my opinion.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
ah yes, the ever fluctuating delima. It's important to think positive and yet one is so irritable with irritable bowels how in the world do we manage.Some days are definately more challenging than others.I watch a lot of good movies when I'm in a really dark mood. Fun stuff, funny stuff. Stuff that will make me laugh no matter what. Oh the pain is still there and the ordeal is still there but to laugh out loud if only for a moment is good medicine.I don't wanna be blissed out.... I just want to laugh again.When I was fresh out of my emergency surgery for a humdinger of an impaction,I still had to remain in the hospital for a number of days to get the rest of the problem out of my gut that the colon surgeon couldn't reach with his tool.So there I was all hooked up to the I.V. and the catheter and they had finally given me some demerol and phenegran before I had to drink a gallon of golytely because all the magnesium citrate was simply not budging anything,and when the whole thing began to move, It still felt like giving child birth with out pain meds.So there I was in my wonderful hospital gown and my roots needing a good color job and stinking of things no human should stink of and still be living and there was my brand spankey new husband of a few months sitting in that stench with me and there he was as I was wailing and crying and carrying on and he proceeds to tell me the worst jokes no one ever wants to hear and suddenly the whole scene of me and the toilet and the pain and my husband and the stench was just crazy and I couldn't help it.... I looked at my husband trying so hard to make me laugh that I had to laugh and I laughed until everything simply passed away and the next day, thank God, I went home. who knows, maybe I was finally just hysterical and I went over the edge for a while into the land where everything is the most huge asurdity one can imagine or not imagine.So yes, there are truly some very dark and dreary days.But when I can find my self laughing again it's a good day regardless of the pain.Kamie

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks to everyone who read this, and at least considered it. I know it is soooo hard to deal with, which is why things like laughter and love mean so much to us. Some people take those things for granted, I guess. I guess i have pretty mild IBS and i look to those who have a serious form of it and learn from them. Peace, love, happiness, and rock. :love:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.