Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone-Just wanted to share that I've found something (for me at least) that has made me feel like a normal human being for the first time in eleven years! I'm overweight, and finally became inspired to really do something about it. My eating habits have never been poor- I don't eat junk food, I rarely clean my plate, and I don't eat when I'm upset. I'm fairly lazy, though.I ordered Walk Away the Pounds from TV, and I've been doing it now for 16 days, everyday. At first, I had to push myself to do the 1 mile tape through the stomach pain (I have a severe case of C/D that prevents me from working, so this wasn't easy, but I did it anyway.) Even on Day 1, I felt instantly better after the workout. The best part about it is that it's not a strenuous exercise- I've always been too overweight and out of shape to jump up and down and such. It's really easy.The best part is, I've been having bowel movements this week that, get this, DON'T HURT!!! Not even a little bit. I feel like I'm pooping like a normal person for the first time in my adult life. It's CRAZY but great!Also, I'm not doing anything else- I'm following a basic good diet, lots of fruits and vegetables (fruits used to kill me, but not these past two weeks.) I'm also not taking fiber at the moment, and I've been able to stop my nightly Imodium fix for the first time in two years. I'm not taking any other supplement.I hope that this is for real- but the last time I lost weight, I remember feeling a lot better then as well. Huh. Seems when I gained it back, I was full into IBS again!I'll talk to my doctor about it next week, see what he thinks!Has anyone else been able to push through the pain and exercise and have you found an improvement? I have three to four attacks a day, and the past two weeks have been attack free!!!!!!I'd love to hear from you about it!Amy

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
that's great! I'm not exercising very much right now. But I can remember times when I've been good about it and unfortunately, not found a lot of benefit from it myself as far as IBS goes - other aspects though of course!! I'm really glad this is working for you! Here's to hoping my new Tai Chi program will help me along wit the improvements I've seen with hypno anc calcium/magnesium supplements. In any case, it has to be good for me!nancy

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It's funny you should post on exercise today.I was thinking - been on a stationery recliningbike for 30 minutes almost every day, immediatelyafter my main meal mostly, or later, when I havedigested.My stomach has stopped gurgling, which is the only symptom I had left on a daily basis. And I feel great. Not sure I am losing enough weight, butmy back is fine, I think I keep the weight offa little easie, and my digestion has been at100% for a few months now. I have been in remission, pretty well for 4 years, but thedarn gurgling never left me, especially at night, until now. Hope it continues. And that you continue to feel good. You are much braverthan I, doing it thru pain. Good luck to you.O

·
Registered
100 Posts
i too can actually work out during this or any other horrible bout with pain. it really works. how? i have no clue, but it has to be a real vigourous walk/run/aerobic 45 minutes. walking casually doesn't help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.