Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been suffering from IBS-D for the last 3 years, just got diagnosed about 2 weeks ago. However, I am now 7 weeks pregnant, and suffering with IBS-C now (due to the hormones from pregnancy), for the last 10 days. I have been getting excrutiating abdominal pains (and yes alll with the pregnancy is fine, it is due to IBS). I was on holidays for a week so it did not interrupt work, but I have to go back tomorrow and honestly am not sure how I am going to get through work. I have the type of job where I cannot just run to the bathroom when I want to to lay on the floor in pain when it happens. The pain is the worst I have ever felt in my life, like 10 out of 10. I get migraines and I woud only rate them a 4 in comparison!!!I am feeling sad, nervous and quite hopeless to be honest. I have been taking metamucil for a few days and it has lessened the amount of times per day I get pain (1-3 times instead of 3-6 times per day), but it still happens. I guess if it continues, I will have to let my employer know what is going on, but it is such a difficult thing to deal with. After 3 years I thought I was doing quite well managing the diarrhea, and I hate to say this but I would rather deal with that than the pain of constipation any day. I guess I just needed to vent on here as I am really struggling and all I want to do is cry and lay in bed, laying down is the only time I don't feel pain. Thank you or "listening" and for your support. Krusty

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
You might talk to the OB-GYN and see if something like an osmotic laxative (just pulls water into the stool) is safe enough to help keep things moving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts