Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I feel crappy and utterly hopeless. I'm beginning to feel that my life has no purpose. I get severe cramps and D at least once a week a severe attack. I know it could be a lot worse and people will say it could be a lot worse but I don't see how. I have not been to school or any where else for almost six months. Iv'e had multiple tests, many causing more D and cramps. I've been to the ER with extreme pain in my chest and groin. I need someone to talk to. Preferably a young person around my age I am 16. Write back to me. I need support. TJ------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm not 16 but I can give you lots of...(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))I hope you feel better soon. Try to look at when the day wasn't so crappy. k???Deb------------------Keep moving forward...even if you must crawl.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Hey Perfect,I've been there. I'm 43, but my IBS-D came on full force when I was 16. Yep, I've had it for 27 years. Here are a few reasons why you are LUCKY:1. IBS has become a recognised illness, diagnosed frequently, and becoming well known.2. There are new drug treatments available. Talk to your Dr. about Lotronex, the new drug for D types. I couldn't tell if you are a male or female, but although it has mainly been tested on women, many men are using it with good results. There are lots of other drugs also, so keep talking to your Dr.3. IFFGD. This organisation is for people with IBS. It promotes research, and puts out a newsletter for sufferers. If you want a Dr. that specializes in IBS, contact them at www.iffgd.org 4. The WEB. You are SO lucky to have access to so much information, and people experienced with IBS. (Thanks Jeff!)5. IBS symptoms can be managed. You need to do the following: Use a fiber supplement such as Citrucel, learn relaxation techniques, avoid dairy products, avoid foods that are difficult to digest (raw vegetables, hot chili's, citrus, fatty foods, caffeine, tomato products, and any other foods that you may have noticed that trigger attacks.)6. !!!!!!! I am going to tell you how, after 27 years, I became symptom free.
Now listen carefully... "Mike's hypnotherapy tapes." See the blue and white box at the top left of the BB. I no longer have D symptoms, no urgency, no pain, and no fear or panic attacks. Hypnosis is the most effective treatment known for IBS. I have been symptom-free now for around 9 months. Others on this board have had similar success. Check out some of the old posts on hypnotherapy. Don't wait. You don't need to suffer like we did.I do know how you feel. I felt the same way for years, that my life had no purpose. Now I know my purpose- to help others find relief from IBS with hypnotherapy.AZ

·
Prolific Member, iSupportIBS
180 Posts
I have never found it helpful to be told "things could be worse", yeah, they could also be better!You certainly sound as if you are really struggling through a difficult time. Are you just feeling "crappy and utterly hopeless" just for today or do you feel this way a lot of the time? If that is the case, you need to talk to your parents about getting you some help for depression, to help make it easier to cope with all that you have to cope with. Good luck and hang in there.------------------This input is provided solely for educational purposes and is not to be seen as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult a qualified professional about your personal medical needs and any questions you may have regarding this information.

·
Registered
562 Posts
PerfectD, Im 28 I know that probly seems old to you, but I consider myself to be too young to have to deal with these kind of problems, I also have ibs, and i hate it. I feel like my life has come to an end. I never used to worry about getting sick or getting diseases or anything like that. I guess i took for granted that i was healthy. I suppose like you say we could have something much worse, there are a lot of people that suffer with debilitating disease everyday. But when you are going through this its hard to think positive , I know. I am hoping that with time things will get better for me. I truely believe that we just have to learn how to cope with this, and not let it ruin our lives. I hope you feel better soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts