Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It takes about 1 month to "load" my digestive system and apparently,when i vomit,it clean the mess inside at the end of the month.
But now i have a new idea,i will buy a "peach" to do myself a little enema with warm water.The last part of my bowel(sigmoid colon) seems to cause adhesions who seems to slow ALL MY DIGESTION!

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is it some kind of bad fat in the food or what?Is it the Liver who can't take too high fats foods?I know that some diabetics can't digest properly,looks like us NO?

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it some kind of bad fat in the food or what?Is it the Liver who can't take too high fats foods?I know that some diabetics can't digest properly,looks like us NO?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There shouldn't be some monthly build up of food you can vomit out of the stomach/upper small intestine. (If you vomit feces from the lower intestine see the doctor immediately as that is a sign of an obstruction).I do not think the fat issue in IBSers is due to not digesting fat. The tests for that are not abnormal (fecal fat) and people with high fecal fat have some other disorder that explains the not digesting fat thing.Your stomach does know how much fat you ate. That way it can tell the gall bladder how much bile to release, etc. Higher fat meals (and often larger meals) can trigger a bigger gastro colic response which is why many people get diarrhea from high fat meals with IBS. The diarrhea doesn't contain the fatty meal (that is still in the stomach) but the fatty meal triggeres a difference response from the GI tract. If the diarrhea is later on rather than immediate (like many I can't eat fat people with IBS are) it may be a bile imbalance. You squirt out more bile than you can recycle. Extra bile in the colon is irritating and to deal with that the body flushes it out with water and mucus.But in all cases with this in IBS the fat is broken down and absorbed normally, it is the body's response to high fat content that is the problem.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
There shouldn't be some monthly build up of food you can vomit out of the stomach/upper small intestine. (If you vomit feces from the lower intestine see the doctor immediately as that is a sign of an obstruction).I do not think the fat issue in IBSers is due to not digesting fat. The tests for that are not abnormal (fecal fat) and people with high fecal fat have some other disorder that explains the not digesting fat thing.Your stomach does know how much fat you ate. That way it can tell the gall bladder how much bile to release, etc. Higher fat meals (and often larger meals) can trigger a bigger gastro colic response which is why many people get diarrhea from high fat meals with IBS. The diarrhea doesn't contain the fatty meal (that is still in the stomach) but the fatty meal triggeres a difference response from the GI tract. If the diarrhea is later on rather than immediate (like many I can't eat fat people with IBS are) it may be a bile imbalance. You squirt out more bile than you can recycle. Extra bile in the colon is irritating and to deal with that the body flushes it out with water and mucus.But in all cases with this in IBS the fat is broken down and absorbed normally, it is the body's response to high fat content that is the problem.K.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.