Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way to the trafford centre and everything was well, when i got there i decided to treat myself to a strawberry cupcake, it was awesome, about an hr later i started getting terrible pains and then was nauseous and really dizzy, i had to come home and i didnt even get to shop, i hate how IBS can affect a whole day

·
Registered
722 Posts
IBS has ruined my life! but i really do try and cope the best i can.I hate it to when you cannot even have an occassional treat without it causing a severe reaction.IBS really is a big awful pain!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Strawberries are an IBS trigger for me. I'm happy to live without them.It sounds like you are doing fine, otherwise.Jackmat

·
Registered
312 Posts
a strawberry cupcake... honestly what did you expect after eating posion like that? xDi don't suffer from IBS anymore but if i ate a strawberry cupcake i sure the heck wouldbut its sad how so much of are food these days is posion i don't eat out at any restaurant cause i know they would have put some #### hydrogenated oils in the foodlook how deadly it ishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCwVAkrHLq4...=rec-r2-2r-4-HManyways look at this link it explains how to eat healthy and heal your body
http://www.westonaprice.org/i don't know where the as long as you eat in moderation or once in a while its ' ok ' #### came from but trust me it is never ok to eat junk food never not once not during a birthday party or anything

·
Registered
80 Posts
well, while were all on the topic of complaining about our strawberries, id thought id mention the time i slipped on one...but seriously, i never thought of strawberries as a trigger food so this is new to me. i havent eaten one in a while so i dont know if it is for me. but since every person has individual reactions to different foods, i think ill give the poor fruit at least one chance to see if ill have a reaction to it. and yes, most people can treat themselves to something they wouldnt normally eat when theyre going out. i also hate having to restrict then. it puts a little bit of sadness in all the days that would otherwise be so enjoyable.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I agree puzzel, as soon as I get a bad day my mind is working overtime. "What did I eat???" But you know it usually boils down to the fact that ibs has a mind of its own, and mostly it's not anything we ate at all. In fact, it's not anything lol!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am really sorry to hear that. I can TOTALLY relate to the feeling of IBS ruining a day. It can be so frustrating. It sounds like you may have an idea of what caused it (the cupcake?) so that is good and in the future hopefully you can avoid another flareup. I feel like I know a lot about how to manage my IBS, but still have those bad days. ugh! I am writing my daily ups and downs on www.eatandbe.com. It is kind of a fun take on food and IBS. check it out of you'd like.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.