Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...I've been feeling so depressed these days. I'm 30 y/o and have been battling w/ daily fatigue. I cannot concentrate. I feel this weird floating sensation. I try to eat by feel nauseaous. I still have some mucous in my stool and have had to be on daily Metamucil. Otherwise I get very constipated.My pain which used to be only on my left side under the rib - well I am not feeling sharp painful spasms on my right side. I had a CT scan w/ barium contract in the ER once when I went because I was getting very worried about the pain, I had a sigmoidoscopy and all my doctor gave me was a prescription for sertraline... (zoloft).Don't know if I'm having anxiety attacks and my brain is fooling me...and my symptoms are really from IBS and I should start learning that I will feel this crappy everyday...Does IBS cause vitamin levels to be low? I'm wondering if maybe I'm low on some vitamin/minerals and that's why I feel like #### every day...I'm so scared for my wife and two kids... I wish all this goes away...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Manito, were in a similar boat my friend. I have been dealing with generalized abdominal pains for about 5 months now. Started upper left side, below the ribs, and then stopped for a fantastic 10 days or so. Now has come back and is in the lower portion now, with the ride side doing some flare ups. Perfectly normal CBC and Ultrasound. Trying to get in to see a Gastro to put my mind at ease. Wont be in til end of July, so working on some alternatives.I believe anxiety plays an incredible role in this. I had a complete meltdown Saturday, and because of that, lost my appetite til today. Slowly but sure I just try to relax and live. I spend so much time trying to convince myself that its more than IBS, which creates more anxiety. I have no idea why my mind does it, but it just does. And it puts me in a funk. I remember feeling like this in Feb/March and hated it. Come May, I felt so good. Little symptoms, and then none. Then back to square one.Its a tough deal for sure, but trust me, theres others out there like you that have these issues. I think we need to do whatever it takes to put our mind at ease, or the stress/anxiety/depression will make us much worse.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I think it is mainly minerals. I used to suffer the same, to the extent that I was afraid I would one day finally and completely nod off while driving and not wake up at all. It was awful and totally out of my control. In 1998, in my early 50s, I was talked into trying a multi-vitamin mineral with very highly absorbed minerals. (+90%) Within two weeks that fatigue left and has never returned to that magnitude again. Treating that condition was the first step in my long and happy road back to health.Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.