Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all. What does it mean if you feel constipated, but you're still able to go a decent amount every day? Can your body trick you into feeling constipated when you're not? Sometimes, it seems that even a small amount of waste in the colon makes me feel uncomfortable.

·
Registered
107 Posts
HiI guess this is my interpretation of constipation.For me, if I do not clear everything then I have constipation (even though a mild one). With IBS, even a small trapped waste can be very discomforting. With IBS, every time we do a good BM, we always feels better, so BM is very significant task to do.I would agree with you, that even a small "trapped" waste can make one feel uncomfortable. I have discovered a daily routine which helps me a lot. If I am good with my routine, I have a great day. But sometimes, I get a little naughty
and I will suffer a little.terence

·
Registered
234 Posts
When you say you "feel constipated" do you mean you have feelings of incomplete evacuation, pain, bloating, heaviness, etc? regardless of passing an acceptable amount of stool every day?These are part of IBS, and you may not necessarily be constipated, but that doesn't mean you don't have a legitimate complaint to your doctor.LiIke Terence says, clearing everything from the colon every day is really helpful for us, because our colons are really sensitive and spasm a lot. Most non-IBS people seem to do fine with as much as 3 days worth of food in there (or 72 hour transit time from mouth to anus). I can't imagine being able to tolerate that much in my colon at any one time. Dana

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.